+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Distinguishing OINP 100 PNP Points from EE Profile Invitations: Separate Applications Required?

affanmunir

Mar 14, 2022
What are the differences between OINP 100 PNP points and receiving an OINP invitation through the EE profile? Are they both different things, requiring two separate applications? How to enroll for OINP?

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Hello Affanmunir.

I'll answer your last question first. Since you are referring to the Express Entry aligned OINP Streams, keep in mind that in order to enroll or apply for such streams, first you need to receive a NOI (Notification of Interest). It is effectively, an invitation to apply. You receive those through your Express Entry profile. So that's the main requirement. Having a valid Express Entry profile (That is eligible under the CEC or FSWP ) and then meeting the criteria so OINP sends you a NOI. Once you receive a NOI you can submit your application.

Now regarding the OINP 100 PNP points you mentioned, I think you are referring to the Federal Skilled Worker Selection grid.

This is only relevant if you choose to assess your OINP application against the Federal skilled worker program. After you receive your NOI, when you are about to create your OINP account to apply, you will be asked if you want to be assessed against the FSWP or CEC.

If you choose FSWP, then you need to have 67 out of 100 points at the very least (although this is redundant, because if you have a valid EE profile that meets the FSWP criteria, you already have at least 67 out of 100 points)

This is all part of the same process. You don't need 2 separate applications.

Cheers.

affanmunir

Mar 14, 2022
Hello Affanmunir.

I'll answer your last question first. Since you are referring to the Express Entry aligned OINP Streams, keep in mind that in order to enroll or apply for such streams, first you need to receive a NOI (Notification of Interest). It is effectively, an invitation to apply. You receive those through your Express Entry profile. So that's the main requirement. Having a valid Express Entry profile (That is eligible under the CEC or FSWP ) and then meeting the criteria so OINP sends you a NOI. Once you receive a NOI you can submit your application.

Now regarding the OINP 100 PNP points you mentioned, I think you are referring to the Federal Skilled Worker Selection grid.

This is only relevant if you choose to assess your OINP application against the Federal skilled worker program. After you receive your NOI, when you are about to create your OINP account to apply, you will be asked if you want to be assessed against the FSWP or CEC.

If you choose FSWP, then you need to have 67 out of 100 points at the very least (although this is redundant, because if you have a valid EE profile that meets the FSWP criteria, you already have at least 67 out of 100 points)

This is all part of the same process. You don't need 2 separate applications.

Cheers.
Thank you. Your answer is so thorough and helpful. Thanks again. Please keep helping!

Reactions: JuhatmaRhdn