+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital Signature

Arriannross

Mar 12, 2013
Hi,

I am just wondering if some of you have tried to apply online for tourist visa application. I am actually uploading the required documents however
a message has gotten my attention, where it says that an applicant doesn't need to sign the application by hand if it will be submitted online, since s/he will be asked to provide a digital signature. My concern is what is a digital signature and how do we do it? I am acting as representative on behalf of the applicant, but I live in Canada while my mom is in the Philippines. With our current situation, is it still doable for her application to be done online?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
The digital signature on MyCIC applications is a field where you type in your name. That's all you have to do.

Reactions: WED

Arriannross

Mar 12, 2013
hi,

you were right .. the embassy actually asked my mom's passport already , hopefully it is a good sign .. thanks for your help again !

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Arriannross said:
hi,

you were right .. the embassy actually asked my mom's passport already , hopefully it is a good sign .. thanks for your help again !
Thanks for letting me know. All the best!

Nov 2, 2013
i cannot go for the next stage which is payment because I am having trouble for digital signature.i tried some tip from you tube but every time i am trying to upload it for the form "IMM 1295E Application for work permit outside canada" this error appears "Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

You cannot submit an application form that has been scanned from paper.

Please complete and validate an electronic application form, save it to your computer, and upload it.

You do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC."what will i do pls help me.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
agapito_joyceann said:
i cannot go for the next stage which is payment because I am having trouble for digital signature.i tried some tip from you tube but every time i am trying to upload it for the form "IMM 1295E Application for work permit outside canada" this error appears "Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

You cannot submit an application form that has been scanned from paper.

Please complete and validate an electronic application form, save it to your computer, and upload it.

You do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC."what will i do pls help me.
Save the PDF document to your computer,
fill out the form ON your computer - NOT by hand,
don't write anything in the signature field at the bottom of the form - provide a date tho,
click validate,
save the form,
upload the form to your MyCIC account.

That should work.

Reactions: WED

munde02

Jan 17, 2014
jo-in009 said:
hi I need help with digital signature ? how should I proceed with the signature ?
Hi I am having the same problem I cannot sign my name on the form diud you solve this?