+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Digital Marketing Job

Jan 24, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have applied PR via express entry and is stuck, coz of low score. I really want to speed up my PR process. To do this, i can only think of getting a job offer letter from an Canadian employer. I am thinking to do the below, please let me if its right to do-

I am planning to travel to Canada (on a tourist visa) for two months. I have relatives/friends so i can get a temporary phone number to apply jobs locally and will plan to attend interviews (both in person and over the phone). I am 100% confident that i can crack a job pretty easy, got 5+ years of experience in digital marketing. If the above plan goes well, i can get an offer letter and can pick up in person- right?.

So please guide me here- do you see any implications in doing this?

Thanks in advance.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
DigitalMarketing123 said:
Hi Guys,

I have applied PR via express entry and is stuck, coz of low score. I really want to speed up my PR process. To do this, i can only think of getting a job offer letter from an Canadian employer. I am thinking to do the below, please let me if its right to do-

I am planning to travel to Canada (on a tourist visa) for two months. I have relatives/friends so i can get a temporary phone number to apply jobs locally and will plan to attend interviews (both in person and over the phone). I am 100% confident that i can crack a job pretty easy, got 5+ years of experience in digital marketing. If the above plan goes well, i can get an offer letter and can pick up in person- right?.

So please guide me here- do you see any implications in doing this?

Thanks in advance.
Job offer alone is not enough. Your potential employer should apply for LMIA to hire candidate from abroad which might be lengthily process (~ 4 months). As part of the process the employer must pay LMIA fee and advertise the position for specific amount of time. Most employers don't bother with going this route as they can find local employee in most cases.
Note: If you are from US or Mexico, you can probably get Work Permit under NAFTA agreement (without LMIA).

Jan 24, 2016
Thanks a lot pfse, much appreciated.

This makes complete sense. I have two options now-

* First- Yes, going to Canada and wait for good amount of time to have this come my way. I am being very optimistic here, there is scarcity with my experience for digital marketing.

* Second- The firm i am working for now has its presence in Vancouver (am with them for almost 2 years now) and i haven't taken this seriously till now. I mean requesting them to consider my migration to Canada. If they agree to do it, how easy this will be? Of course they will be fine to get LMIA number. And what all should i keep in mind when asking for an offer letter from Canada office of mine.

Jan 24, 2016
Forgot to add, what amount of time is mandatory to stick around with one employer after getting an offer letter? What is the ideal time period one should stick to a job for PR consideration? Hope am making sense on this point.

msatishxp

Jul 30, 2013
Hi, so, did u find a job in digital marketing in canada? I'm also looking for a job in digital marketing in Canada. Presently, I'm on a post-grad work permit and have worked previously as a content writer in India.

hurrah

Aug 25, 2012
I am exactly in the same situation and now looking for Digital Marketing jobs through Job bank now. I am pretty sure that the companies who are offering jobs on the Job Bank CIC do realize and have knowledge about hiring talent from abroad and it's timelines. With this, I can see that they will be taking initiatives for all the necessary procedures to follow if they find a relevant candidate.

What's your situation now? Did you manage to get a job?

Jan 24, 2016
Hi guys...

Sorry for late reply, got caught up with multiple things.

To update- my current company has agreed to process my PR now, i cant reveal the company here for obvious reasons. The process will start in a month or so.

However, my IELTS has expired this month. Do i need to appear for IELTS again?

Thanks in advance.

jain_akhil1988

Feb 2, 2019
Hey,

I am from Digital Marketing background too working in Pune and have an experience of 7 years. Is there any chance to get a sponsorship visa for digital marketing job in Canada. I understand PR is an option, but it seems to be a lengthy process. Hence, wanted to check about getting a job with out it.

Please guide.

Thanks in Advance,
Akhil

Harshparekh

May 4, 2020
Hello people, I'm from India and i was looking to apply for code 1123 (Digital Marketing) Do you guys think there is a scope if i apply through PNP?