+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Difficult Immigration Situation(Seniors please advise)

MajaCro

Jan 25, 2014
Hi all,

I found myself in a very tight spot and I am really in need of a professional advice.
I do not know how to proceed further.

Here is my situation(explained as short as possible):

14.03.2012. I came to Canada with Work - holiday visa.I worked as Early Childhood Educator for 1 year. My employer tried to get LMO but unsuccessfully.

04.03.2013. I sent application to extend my work - holiday permit. Goal was to gain more "legal" time in Canada and to get Implied status while I look for new job offer with LMO.

02.07.2013. Application to extend work - holiday visa was refused. I received letter from CIC stating that I have 90 days to resolve my situation or Canada or leave the country.

24.09.2013. 1 week before expiry of above mentioned 90 days I applied for a tourist visa. Unfortunately I made a mistake here and did not pay extra $200 to Restore my status.

19.11.2013. Finally I found a job and received LMO as Live-in Caregiver. I made a border trip, but I did not receive work permit because I did not know that Live-in Caregiver work permits can not be issued at the port of entry. I did not have medicals done and they found out I worked with children when my work - holiday permit stated I am not allowed to. That was again my mistake which I really did not realize. I was allowed to came back to Canada and wait for results of tourist visa application.

13.12.2013. Tourist visa was refused. I bought a plane ticket to leave Canada.

08.01. 2014. I left Canada.

28.01.2014. I sent Live-in Caregiver application to local embassy with detailed explanation of whole this mess.

10.03.2014. My Live-in Caregiver application was refused. Reason was:
"You have not respected the conditions of your last work permit which clearly stated: NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILD CARE."

I am aware that I made a mistake, but I really want to go back to Canada and work there.
I really do not know what else i can do to improve my situation.

I am asking for advice of seniors on this forum. What do I do now?

I have read about Authorization to return to Canada application...can this help me? Is that the way to go?
Should I ask for GCMS notes to see what exactly is written down in my immigration file?

I am lost, please help.

Regards, Maja

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should I ask for GCMS notes to see what exactly is written down in my immigration file?
"You have not respected the conditions of your last work permit which clearly stated: NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILD CARE."
The only advice I can think of is to wait for 2-3 years and try to apply again as a live in. However, I am not sure it will work because
your last work permit which clearly stated: NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN CHILD CARE
but you did it nevertheless.