+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Different landing date COPR, PR Card

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Hello friends,

I have an issue and I don't know how to manage it. I landed here on July, but due to mistake made by the border officer (didn't validate my COPR), I had to call the border again and fix the problem. So, when I received my PR card, the landing date was August, not July. And when I linked the application, it wouldn't accept July, but August (the date when correction took place).
So now I want to file taxes and I don't know which date to use. Anybody knows any similar case?

red_rom

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Hello friends,

I have an issue and I don't know how to manage it. I landed here on July, but due to mistake made by the border officer (didn't validate my COPR), I had to call the border again and fix the problem. So, when I received my PR card, the landing date was August, not July. And when I linked the application, it wouldn't accept July, but August (the date when correction took place).
So now I want to file taxes and I don't know which date to use. Anybody knows any similar case?
Just call couple of Tax consultants and check, they might be able to give you some tips. But, this mismatch may hurt you in other verifications for Mortgage, Car Loan etc. Better raise a web form or something and sort it out, you have time to file your taxes for 2020.

If you are a fulltime employee you have till April 30th. In case of self employed June 15th.

Reactions: Jorela

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Just call couple of Tax consultants and check, they might be able to give you some tips. But, this mismatch may hurt you in other verifications for Mortgage, Car Loan etc. Better raise a web form or something and sort it out, you have time to file your taxes for 2020.

If you are a fulltime employee you have till April 30th. In case of self employed June 15th.
thank you