+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn't receive PR card after 2 years and 3 solemn declarations

adlpn22

Feb 26, 2024
Hello everyone,
My family landed in Canada back in May of 2022, and every family member besides me has either received their initial PR card or received a PR card after filing out a solemn declaration. I, however have not received my initial PR card and have been sending out a solemn declaration document every ~4 months since, both through fax and mail (most recently in October 2023) to which I received no response or any confirmation of sorts from IRCC (I have also never been able to check my application status online, being told that my application cannot be found).

I'm now at an urgent point where I can't proceed with my education or get a job (I'm 18) as I can't prove my status nor can I really leave the country. I sent out a webform to IRCC (for the 15th time) and will be calling them tomorrow. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or has been in a similar situation since this has been really life halting and frustrating to the point where I feel like IRCC doesn't ever respond and when they do it's useless and takes a whole month.

Thank you! :)

Last edited:

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hello everyone,
My family landed in Canada back in May of 2022, and every family member besides me has either received their initial PR card or received a PR card after filing out a solemn declaration. I, however have not received my initial PR card and have been sending out a solemn declaration document every ~4 months since, both through fax and mail (most recently in October 2023) to which I received no response or any confirmation of sorts from IRCC (I have also never been able to check my application status online, being told that my application cannot be found).

I'm now at an urgent point where I can't proceed with my education or get a job (I'm 18) as I can't prove my status nor can I really leave the country. I sent out a webform to IRCC (for the 15th time) and will be calling them tomorrow. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or has been in a similar situation since this has been really life halting and frustrating to the point where I feel like IRCC doesn't ever respond and when they do it's useless and takes a whole month.

Wow.. that's pretty shocking. Do you have your COPR handy?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone,

Try your MP's office.