+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Didn’t receive visa yet???

manvvvv9998

May 22, 2019
Hi... okay so I live in Lagos, Nigeria
My brother is studying in canada for 3 years now
We went to Canada (me and my family) only to drop him off and now we wanted to visit again
But my visa had expired
My parents visa is still valid though
But since I’m underage, they wouldn’t have given me the visa alone
So even though my parents still had the visa, the 3 of us applied together
Now we’ve applied on 1st of April
And it’s 23rd May now
We’ve been expecting it for a very long time now but didn’t get it yet
Also one of our friend applied together with us and they already received the visa yesterday!!!
So what could be the reason for this delay please ???

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your entire family has applied for a visa while still having valid visas. That will complicate the process slightly. More likely is, unfortunately, the fact that there are a large number of asylum claimants from Nigeria. An entire family travelling together is a risk of claiming asylum.

That you have already travelled to Canada and left will weigh in your favour. But expect a delay for visa processing, like most Nigerians are facing these days.

If you applied online you can log in to the account to see the current status.

manvvvv9998

May 22, 2019
Your entire family has applied for a visa while still having valid visas. That will complicate the process slightly. More likely is, unfortunately, the fact that there are a large number of asylum claimants from Nigeria. An entire family travelling together is a risk of claiming asylum.

That you have already travelled to Canada and left will weigh in your favour. But expect a delay for visa processing, like most Nigerians are facing these days.

Thank you very much for your advice!
I did check online, it just says that it’s processing...
Also we are actually Indians living in Nigeria!

Cjay23

May 21, 2019

Hello, Good day. I tried tracking my application and it's showing *no records found* since yesterday, what could this mean ??

Cjay23

May 21, 2019

It used to show your application with 2019... is under processing, not sure of the sentence though but something of the sort, hope nothing is wrong