+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Did anyone do a softlanding in the last 10 days?

dousedfire

Sep 13, 2020
Hi,

If anyone has done a soft-landing by land-border please let us know your experience, both positive and negative, if any.
We are planning to go next weekend(Seattle land border) and would like to know our likelihood of being allowed to soft-land.
Feedback from people with recent experience would be invaluable.

Thanks.

naiyagupta

Jul 25, 2020
Hi,

I did mine like 15 days ago. I went to Windsor border from Detroit through land. I took the rental car. At Canada border, it was pretty easy. They just took my documents and confirmed my PR. They didn't let me apply for PR card or took the list of goods to follow since, I was returning back to USA the same day. They said that I can apply for PR card by informing IRCC when I am ready to settle in Canada. They didn't ask me to quarantine. I am figuring out about the PR card. While returning at USA border, (I have valid H-1b stamped, but I changed the employer), I didn't face problem and the officer just asked the usual routine questions.

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

I did mine like 15 days ago. I went to Windsor border from Detroit through land. I took the rental car. At Canada border, it was pretty easy. They just took my documents and confirmed my PR. They didn't let me apply for PR card or took the list of goods to follow since, I was returning back to USA the same day. They said that I can apply for PR card by informing IRCC when I am ready to settle in Canada. They didn't ask me to quarantine. I am figuring out about the PR card. While returning at USA border, (I have valid H-1b stamped, but I changed the employer), I didn't face problem and the officer just asked the usual routine questions.
Does any one know who has soft landed via plane and came back after 14 days recently?
Are they allowing that now. I know many did earlier.
Also do they ask for any financial document at the landing airport for copr stamping?
Like proof of financials? I didn’t find it in COPR mentioned like that

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does any one know who has soft landed via plane and came back after 14 days recently?
Are they allowing that now. I know many did earlier.
Also do they ask for any financial document at the landing airport for copr stamping?
Like proof of financials? I didn’t find it in COPR mentioned like that
Yes you should be prepared to show proof of your POF.

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
So has anyone stayed there for 14 days and came
Back?
Because I called hotel where I was thinking of staying and they are saying they will give the room key as one time usage and you can’t come out. The room wojkd have kitchen and balcony but one cannot come out under any circumstances.

in that case what do u guys think. Is airbnb a better option than staying in hotel ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So has anyone stayed there for 14 days and came
Back?
Because I called hotel where I was thinking of staying and they are saying they will give the room key as one time usage and you can’t come out. The room wojkd have kitchen and balcony but one cannot come out under any circumstances.

in that case what do u guys think. Is airbnb a better option than staying in hotel ?
But you still cannot leave an AIrbnb either so other than that maybe an AIRBNB might be larger than an hotel room and may be cheaper

rebelagain

Sep 16, 2020
But you still cannot leave an AIrbnb either so other than that maybe an AIRBNB might be larger than an hotel room and may be cheaper
But u can go down and all for few mins. Who would be there to enforce ? Police comes to check in but not always. In hotel they give you one time usage key only. Moment u go out can’t enter again. And they would enforce that.

peacefulpal

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
Hi,
Is soft-landing allowed nowadays? We are planning to do soft-landing via Detroit - Windsor border and return to the U.S on the same day. Please let us know. Thank you!

Reactions: prusa

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hi,
Is soft-landing allowed nowadays? We are planning to do soft-landing via Detroit - Windsor border and return to the U.S on the same day. Please let us know. Thank you!
My extension was approved yesterday - awaiting AL. Following this thread as well and looking for feedback on landing and returning.

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
My extension was approved yesterday - awaiting AL. Following this thread as well and looking for feedback on landing and returning.
Hi,
Do you mind telling us how much of an extension they gave you, post your original COPR expiration? How long did they take to respond to your request? What is ‘AL’?
Thank you! :)

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hi,
Do you mind telling us how much of an extension they gave you, post your original COPR expiration? How long did they take to respond to your request? What is ‘AL’?
Thank you! :)
My portal shows updated on Dec 18 and new expiry date of March. Because they assigned a new couterfoil number to the extension, they are emailing some sort of one time copr equivalent that you need to take it for landing.

Reactions: hummingbird98

hummingbird98

Dec 10, 2020
My portal shows updated on Dec 18 and new expiry date of March. Because they assigned a new couterfoil number to the extension, they are emailing some sort of one time copr equivalent that you need to take it for landing.
Thanks. Got it. When did your original COPR expire?