19-12-2019
Nomination.....
21-05-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
11-08-2020
Hi all and @legalfalcon ,

I am diagnosed with TB after getting COPR. It's in my lymphnodes. So it cannot be spread to other people.
Will I be allowed to enter Canada from U.S. if I travel with my medications which are for my personal use?
Or is it possible I can be denied entry because of my condition?

Thanks

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

I am diagnosed for TB after getting COPR. It's in my lymphnodes. So it cannot be spread to other people.
Will I be allowed to enter Canada from U.S. if I travel with my medications which are for my personal use?

Thanks

The COPR will only ask for any criminal cases but not medical admissibilty, which are based on your upfront medicals you provided.

As soon a you land in Canada, you should see a doctor who will ask you to repot to public health if required for being monitored.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I am diagnosed for TB after getting COPR. It's in my lymphnodes. So it cannot be spread to other people.

Thanks
You are required to advise IRCC about any medical changes before you land. You should send a webform indicating your new diagnosis and that you are currently receiving treatment and what medications. You can only bring a 90 day supply of medication with you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The COPR will only ask for any criminal cases but not medical admissibilty, which are based on your upfront medicals you provided.

As soon a you land in Canada, you should see a doctor who will ask you to repot to public health if required for being monitored.
You are still required to advise IRCC about any changes in your health before you land.

vicky0143

Feb 26, 2020
United States
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-12-2019
Nomination.....
21-05-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
11-08-2020
You are required to advise IRCC about any medical changes before you land. You should send a webform indicating your new diagnosis and that you are currently receiving treatment and what medications. You can only bring a 90 day supply of medication with you.
I see the instructions that came with my COPR. It says the following:

"If your situation changes in any of the following ways:

=> Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation.
=> Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member.
=> Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children.
=> You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

please let us know by using our webform...."

It doesn't say anything about health changes. Do you have some link or source where it says to inform of health changes?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I see the instructions that came with my COPR. It says the following:

"If your situation changes in any of the following ways:

=> Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation.
=> Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member.
=> Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children.
=> You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

please let us know by using our webform...."

It doesn't say anything about health changes. Do you have some link or source where it says to inform of health changes?
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=052&top=3

Your health is part of the requirements as well because it is part of the requirements to qualify for PR. Would add that for public health reasons Canada needs to be aware and following all forms of TB even if your form is not contagious. They monitor to make sure people are compliant with the long treatment regimen. You would be required to advise Canada of any new condition that would change the information you provided in your medical.