+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Detroit Windsor tunnel 2022 Travel

absi

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Can anyone please share their experience of crossing the land border using the Detroit Windsor tunnel with an expired visa and valid I 94 starting January 2022.
Have things changed due to recent protests or do we need more documents?

in summary,
is soft landing allowed? I read somewhere that it is not allowed anymore.
documents required?

veemi002

Jan 28, 2022
Can anyone please share their experience of crossing the land border using the Detroit Windsor tunnel with an expired visa and valid I 94 starting January 2022.
Have things changed due to recent protests or do we need more documents?

in summary,
is soft landing allowed? I read somewhere that it is not allowed anymore.
documents required?
Hi,

Have you completed soft landing in windsor tunnel? If so, please share your experience on soft landing and AVR utilization.

I have got CoPR and visa till Apr 28th, 2022 and I need to soft land on or before Apr 28th to activate my PR. My currently working in US in H1B visa. I have valid H1B visa stamping my passport but want to use AVR rule for my wife and kid while returning to US. Planning to visit detroit-windsor tunnel for PR activation and return to US in 2-3 days. I see multiple locations in Detroit, can someone suggest which one is better option or no differences based on location and I can go any location near to my place (Chicago)? Please suggest.

Windsor tunnel
(or)
Ambassador bridge
(or)
Blue water bridge

abj1987

Apr 4, 2022
Hi, did either of you complete your soft landing? If yes, can you please share your experience?