+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dependent VISA to Canada with illegal stay in USA

Srikanthrey

Aug 16, 2020
I have stayed illegally in USA from 2010 to 2015. Now currently living in India.
What is possibility of my admission as dependent(If my wife get student VISA) into Canada?
I don't have any criminal record while I lived illegally in USA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have stayed illegally in USA from 2010 to 2015. Now currently living in India.
What is possibility of my admission as dependent(If my wife get student VISA) into Canada?
I don't have any criminal record while I lived illegally in USA.
Since this was five years ago, it's certainly possible you may be approved for a dependent visa to Canada. It's hard to say for certain and none of us are going to be able to tell you wether you will be successful or if you will be refused. Make sure you declare the U.S. overstay (Canada and the U.S. share information and failure to declare this will be misrepresentation which may result in a 5 year ban from Canada). Also make sure you demonstrate strong ties to your home country.

Reactions: Srikanthrey

Srikanthrey

Aug 16, 2020
Since this was five years ago, it's certainly possible you may be approved for a dependent visa to Canada. It's hard to say for certain and none of us are going to be able to tell you wether you will be successful or if you will be refused. Make sure you declare the U.S. overstay (Canada and the U.S. share information and failure to declare this will be misrepresentation which may result in a 5 year ban from Canada). Also make sure you demonstrate strong ties to your home country.
Thank you

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Demonstrating strong ties to your home country is important. I don't know if five years is enough time for the visa officer to completely overlook an extended period of illegal stay in another country. They may assume you will do the same in Canada and refuse your application.

Reactions: Srikanthrey