+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delivery help on Preganant Ladies without OHIP

Ruhi123

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Everyone, I would like to share my experience of delivering baby in canada without OHIP. I went for baby birth on my 8.5 month. Planned not to stay for more than a month. I went from dubai and things and canada works entirely different. Mine was a c-section. First of all none of the doctors were ready to take me, so I had to channel it via Family practice, in that case teh cost of delviery given to me every where from Toronto was 15000 CAD, however I really struggled a lot that no one must had done ever. Finally I found Grand Valley Midwives who were exceptionally good and helpful, very professional and helped me to all their possible extent.

I would not want any expecting monther to suffer what I did. I landed in Toronto and Toronto seems to be more of money making plance instead of helping humans.

If anyone has this situation than it can be done without any cost if itis normal delivery.

Approach Grand Valley Midviews I can guide all locations and details and one can get all done in free in case of normal delivery. For c section the cost would be approx 3500 cad which in toronto was not lesser than 15000 cad.

Anyone needs help in this regards can please consult me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have also heard about Diversity Midwives helping in such cases.

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for posting this information. A lot of our clients are visitors who are pregnant and do not know what to do, as it costs a lot and private insurance companies only cover emergency pregnancy and only up to 31 weeks. We will definitely be telling them of the midwives.

pam07

Jan 14, 2016
Hello
Thank you for this post

did grand valley midwives take you on as a visitor? am having real trouble finding a place to get regular check us done.
midwives i called near my place said they don't take anyone with out ohip.

any help would be appreciated

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
pam07 said:
Hello
Thank you for this post

did grand valley midwives take you on as a visitor? am having real trouble finding a place to get regular check us done.
midwives i called near my place said they don't take anyone with out ohip.

any help would be appreciated
That's strange, as all midwives in Ontario are supposed to give care regardless of OHIP coverage: http://www.ontariomidwives.ca/midwife/q-a
What does it cost to use a midwife?
Midwifery services are completely funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, so women do not pay for care out-of-pocket. Women who are not currently covered by OHIP can still receive free midwifery care.

I would contact the Association of Ontario Midwives, and ask why you are being turned away for not having OHIP when their website says they accept everyone. http://www.ontariomidwives.ca/news-room/contact

What is common with midwives though is that they book up very quickly. So if you don't try to book one immediately after finding out you're pregnant, there's a good chance you won't be able to get one at all, regardless if you have OHIP or not.

smk_ujs

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
anybody who has taken long flight when pregnant, any idea until what month of pregnancy they let you fly such long flights such as from dubai to toronto?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smk_ujs said:
anybody who has taken long flight when pregnant, any idea until what month of pregnancy they let you fly such long flights such as from dubai to toronto?
Ask your wife's doctor as well as the airlines.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
smk_ujs said:
Rules vary slightly from airline to airline. You can find this information very easily on the web site of the airline you plan to use. It's possible the airline may require a note from the doctor if you are flying close to their limit for air travel. Again, you'll need to check the airline's web site.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

scylla said:
Rules vary slightly from airline to airline. You can find this information very easily on the web site of the airline you plan to use. It's possible the airline may require a note from the doctor if you are flying close to their limit for air travel. Again, you'll need to check the airline's web site.
1. In most instances the maximum is 36 weeks after 28 weeks you will require a Drs letter.