+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delhi or Abu Dhabi for parents sponsorship?

iginla

Jan 6, 2010
Hello,

My application for parental sponsorship has been approved last week and transferred to abu dhabi since my parents currently reside in saudi arabia. My parents will probably move to delhi in the next 8-9 months.

Am i better off to get their application transferred to delhi or stick with abu dhabi?

Which is better?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

thanks

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Better to submit in Delhi at the beginning itself. You can state the reason while requesting for transfer. I don't think the processing will complete within this year from Abu Dhabi.

iginla said:
Hello,

My application for parental sponsorship has been approved last week and transferred to abu dhabi since my parents currently reside in saudi arabia. My parents will probably move to delhi in the next 8-9 months.

Am i better off to get their application transferred to delhi or stick with abu dhabi?

Which is better?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/08-fc-parents.asp the average processing time for parents is 21 months in Abu Dhabi and 16 months in New Delhi so you know which would be better. I do not know how straight forward it is though to get the file transferred but if you want to do it, you should do it asap before Abu Dhabi spends any time on it.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A transfer from one office to another can take numerous months, so keep this in mind.