App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Hi all. I have a friend who just arrived on a one year study permit. She got accepted to a program that starts in September. As we all know, the international tuition fees are quite steep and some plans that she had to pay for the first semester fell through. Her common law spouse will be coming on a work permit via her study permit but he is still waiting on a police check so they can finalize everything. He won't be getting the permit until about Aug/Sept so neither of them can work and I think that was a part of the plan.

She cannot afford to pay the first semester in time and I was looking for your opinions/advice. I came on a study permit as well 5 years ago but I never had any problems like this. I was wondering if she delayed the start of her program to January, if this will affect the validity of her permit. I remember when I was studying, I was always told I had to be enrolled in school all the time so I don't become out of status.

Well she has not started school as yet so I am wondering if it would be a problem just holding off until January when they will have the funds. She will definitely have to extend the permit I know but does the fact that she did not start school right when she came to Canada affect the validity or will the school give her a problem registering one semester later?

I hope all this makes sense and I look forward to your opinions/advice.

Thanks.

hari435

Jun 3, 2015
Hi, please let me know what happened to her after that. Did CIC revoke her permit? Iam facing the same problem now