+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferral more than 150 days

Kibre94

May 17, 2022
My original intake is may 05, 2022. I get my study visa on March, 2022. But I had to defer since I was planning to take an exam in UK which was important to my Carrier. I haven't been to Canada.
My new loa is to January 2023 since the program is full to September 2022.
Now I am planning to inform IRCC about my deferral.
1) will my visa application be affected due to my deferral
2) shall I just mention my reasons for deferral or add other documents as evidences for deferral
3) what will happen after I inform IRCC do I need to submit my passport or anything?
4) how soon shall I inform them

Any help is appreciated
Thank you

Parul Bansal

Apr 11, 2022
My original intake is may 05, 2022. I get my study visa on March, 2022. But I had to defer since I was planning to take an exam in UK which was important to my Carrier. I haven't been to Canada.
My new loa is to January 2023 since the program is full to September 2022.
Now I am planning to inform IRCC about my deferral.
1) will my visa application be affected due to my deferral
2) shall I just mention my reasons for deferral or add other documents as evidences for deferral
3) what will happen after I inform IRCC do I need to submit my passport or anything?
4) how soon shall I inform them

Any help is appreciated
Thank you

As per my suggestion you should;
First of all Raise a Web form stating a deferal request. Along with that, please do not forget to attach supportive documents such as LOA ( deferred one).
Make sure you state the matter (reason to defer the visa ) clearly to IRCC.
And don't worry, Your VISA will not gonna affect due to such reason.
But do ask your consultant to take any further step on your VISA application.

Kibre94

May 17, 2022
Dear Sir Madam
I'm writing this email to inform you about my deferral.
My original intake was on may 03, 2022 and my new intake is January 04, 2023.
I have attached the new letter of admission from my college. ( Please see pdf 1).

As I have previously stated in my statement o purpose, my plan was to take an important booked exam in uk on May 05 and go to Canada for my class by starting it on may 09,2022. I have communicated this with my school. (See pdf 2)

In order to sit for my exam in UK , I needed to get my visitor visa but I couldn't get this visa in time since my first visa attempt was refused due to a simple misunderstanding and my second visa application tooks time in such a way that I couldn't make it to the exam.
(See pdf 3&4).
Therefore I needed to postpone the exam to may 31,2022. ( See pdf 5).

When this happens I communicated with my college about deferral. The next intake which is September intake was full at the time. ( See pdf 5).
Therefore I had to defer to January 2023 which is the next available intake.
If you have any questions please let me know.
Regards
Dr. Kibrekidusan Abebe Mequanint