+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring personal effects on arrival (B4 Form)

bobbysocks888

Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm filling out a B4 form for personal effects that I plan to bring to Canada later on after my arrival as a settler, but there doesn't appear to be enough room on the form to include every single item. Can I list the rest on a separate sheet of paper and affix it to the form? Does anybody have experience with this form? Is there a limit to how much I can bring in quantity or value?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bobbysocks888 said:
I'm filling out a B4 form for personal effects that I plan to bring to Canada later on after my arrival as a settler, but there doesn't appear to be enough room on the form to include every single item. Can I list the rest on a separate sheet of paper and affix it to the form? Does anybody have experience with this form? Is there a limit to how much I can bring in quantity or value?
1. The B4A is the continuation http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/menu-eng.html or you can use a spreadsheet if you want.
2. No, there is no limit, but it must have been in your possession and used.

bobbysocks888

Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. The B4A is the continuation http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/menu-eng.html or you can use a spreadsheet if you want.
2. No, there is no limit, but it must have been in your possession and used.
Thank you so much for this, but I notice on form B4A it asks for name of importer, I know this may sound like a silly simple question, is that me or any removal company I use such as Anglo Pacific?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bobbysocks888 said:
Thank you so much for this, but I notice on form B4A it asks for name of importer, I know this may sound like a silly simple question, is that me or any removal company I use such as Anglo Pacific?
Importer is YOU!

browntrout

Apr 20, 2013
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong S.A.R
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Passport Req..
15-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Yes, and leave bland everything that you don't know / doesn't make sense, you can always get the customs guy to fill that out for you. I landed a few days ago, and the customs here liked the spreadsheet version. Stamped it all, and told me that they would have PREFERED serial numbers of the expensive stuff, but said in the end that it wasn't a bit deal. Take some pictures of everything also.

timelady

Dec 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1: 17-05-2013
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
Thanks for this thread. I'm landing in about a month, and now I'm a little clearer on what to do!

I know I can fill out a B4A for possessions that will follow later, but I have a question about that. How do those later goods work? Do *I* need to be present with them? Can they be shipped? Or if my parents are visiting from the US, could they bring them along with? (If so, do they need any special documentation?)

Any help would be appreciated. I looked on the CIC website, but didn't find any info that detailed.

bobbysocks888

Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the B4 form, do I have to list the items I have packed and am bringing in my suitcase? such as toiletries, lap top, clothes, iPod, shoes…..