+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECISION MADE

sprinbok

Nov 2, 2015
How long does it take from the "Decision Made" notification on the CIC online checking system, to actually receiving a letter giving the date of the Ceremony?

I was given just 10 business days notice before my first ceremony and I was in Europe on business. I had to cancel it and re-book, but being on Vancouver Island the ceremonies only come around every 7 months if you're lucky! (So much for everyone being treated equally and fairly - In Vancouver just 32km away, ceremonies are held every 2 months!)

Why are we only given 10 days notice for the ceremonies? Surely the Government department must know much more in advance where their staff need to be, what hotels to book, venues to book, etc,etc. ??

Perhaps I should have told them I was Syrian! :p

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
sprinbok said:
How long does it take from the "Decision Made" notification on the CIC online checking system, to actually receiving a letter giving the date of the Ceremony?

I was given just 10 business days notice before my first ceremony and I was in Europe on business. I had to cancel it and re-book, but being on Vancouver Island the ceremonies only come around every 7 months if you're lucky! (So much for everyone being treated equally and fairly - In Vancouver just 32km away, ceremonies are held every 2 months!)

Why are we only given 10 days notice for the ceremonies? Surely the Government department must know much more in advance where their staff need to be, what hotels to book, venues to book, etc,etc. ??

Perhaps I should have told them I was Syrian! :p
Perhaps you should feel lucky because you receive the notice thousands have been longing for. ;) ;) ;)

sprinbok

Nov 2, 2015
Nothing to do with luck. I've been waiting 4 long years for this and have jumped through many hoops to get to this stage. I have also made lots of financial investment into Canada. They are lucky to have me. :-*

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
sprinbok said:
Nothing to do with luck. I've been waiting 4 long years for this and have jumped through many hoops to get to this stage. I have also made lots of financial investment into Canada. They are lucky to have me. :-*
I hear you.... but I probably won't reschedule something I've been waiting for four years... even with a 10 days notice.

sprinbok

Nov 2, 2015
The Government is there to serve the people. I have paid (and not a little amount) for them to process my application. Therefore as a paying "customer" I expect some level of service. You know, the type of service the non-contributing and non-vetted Syrians have received.

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
sprinbok said:
The Government is there to serve the people. I have paid (and not a little amount) for them to process my application. Therefore as a paying "customer" I expect some level of service. You know, the type of service the non-contributing and non-vetted Syrians have received.
Again I hear you... I'm with you... but at the end of the day, I always like to win... and for me in this case, winning is not getting CIC to fix their EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE (although that would be great), but to get my citizenship and not have to deal with CIC (like ever).