+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made w/o passport request?

scobut

Jul 6, 2009
Hello,

My wife's application was started processing in Buffalo on October 30th. I checked just now, and it says her medicals have been received and a decision has been made.

From reading other posts, it seems they get a request for the passport before a decision gets made? Or could that be coming?

It just seems too quick to be a positive result, is it possible that she's been accepted?

Sorry for asking, I know we should just wait to hear from them, but it's hard and if anyone here has any answers I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While it does appear to be uncommon judging from the other posts, it happened to me. I got "Decision Made" and then the next week I received an email with a passport request.

mlea

Nov 16, 2009
understand exactly what youre going through and not understanding what they are doing is tough. i got my decision made about 2 weeks before they asked for my passport, it all depends on how complicated your file was, if it was straight forward and no errors then it could be a quick process, they might have not been very backlogged which is the case in a lot of countries. dont worry, if they had made a decission and it wasnt to your favour then they would let you know before they post it and go any further with your case. im sure its a positive sign.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I do agree. they don't refuse sponsorship without asking for interview first.

mlea

Nov 16, 2009
if there were to be something additional to your file that they needed to know they request an interview, i didnt go to an interview, they waived the interview, guess i was lucky but i would say that decision made is a good sign

scobut

Jul 6, 2009
Hello again,

Thank you all for your responses, I'm hoping that you're right and this is indeed a good sign. At least I'm a little more at ease while we wait for their letter.

I was thinking the same thing about them requesting an interview or for us to send more information if anything was wrong. I've always thought our case was really straight forward, so I was hoping it would be fast... but I never expected it to be THIS fast, so my first reaction was to think it's a bad sign.

Thanks again for your responses. If anyone else has anymore input, the more the merrier :)

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
Sorry, but that is not true. If an applicant is clearly not a member of the family class or they are criminally inadmissable, then they can certainly deny you without an interview. Though I'm sure that is not the case here and that the passport request is on its way.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
If you are not convicted of a crime only under supervision leading to a case dismissal you are still admissable to Canada, correct? Congrats on the super fast decision made!! I hope all goes well for you, I agree with everyone else in that it looks to be a positive sign.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
ariell said:
Suin said:
Sorry, but that is not true. If an applicant is clearly not a member of the family class or they are criminally inadmissable, then they can certainly deny you without an interview. Though I'm sure that is not the case here and that the passport request is on its way.
yes, you are right, but it's done on the 1st screening of documents in the visa office. in this case it's passed that 1st stage, so they will require interview first.