+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision Made" on eCAS and "Final decision" Not Started on myCiC

Fyrushumaira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am a little confused. I am sponsoring my wife, we submitted our application on Nov 15th, 2016. We applied through outland route (visa office is in Ukraine)

On Dec 2nd, I received an email: "you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"

I decided to check eCAS today and "Permanent Residence Application Status" "Decision made". When I click on details I get this:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 15, 2016.
We started processing your application on December 13, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

I got excited and decided to register mycic account. I linked my application and unfortunately my cic is showing this:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
Final decision Not Started

Could it be that there is a lag and mycic will be updated later? Or am I missing something. I know that the only way to know for sure is to wait for letter in mail. But anxiety to know is killing us :) Any good information or similar experiences are much appreciated.

Thank you!
Do you remember after how many days later you saw decision made on my Cic and then did they ask you for the interview or for ppr?

hurpe

Jan 31, 2020
please, i need you guys advice as soon as possible, my application was submitted 2019 and all went well not until when i was called for an interview at the accra ghana office on 28th of january 2020, which i feel i would be getting my passport stamped same day after the interview but to my suprise the vo said she cant make decision regarding my application at the moment and my passport returned to me and no mail or further message in my account.

does it means that my visa was refused? despite that my apliication is still at 92percent amd 26days to end the 1year speculated time frame.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
please, i need you guys advice as soon as possible, my application was submitted 2019 and all went well not until when i was called for an interview at the accra ghana office on 28th of january 2020, which i feel i would be getting my passport stamped same day after the interview but to my suprise the vo said she cant make decision regarding my application at the moment and my passport returned to me and no mail or further message in my account.

does it means that my visa was refused? despite that my apliication is still at 92percent amd 26days to end the 1year speculated time frame.
No, it does not mean it is refused but it is possible that you will get fairness procedure letter or supplementary materials request. Obviously, VO has different opinion about interview from you. Nothing you can do at the moment but waiting.

Ontario1976

Star Member
Dec 4, 2019
No, it does not mean it is refused but it is possible that you will get fairness procedure letter or supplementary materials request. Obviously, VO has different opinion about interview from you. Nothing you can do at the moment but waiting.
You people stop thinking about visa same day...permanent residence to Canada it doesn't work like that . They have a process they gave to follow!!

hurpe

Jan 31, 2020
apprecaite your response, now i can sleep with 2 my eyes closed

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
I mean, until you get the PPR, you won't know for sure. But if they haven't requested more documents, or an interview, it's not very likely that it wouldn't be a positive decision.
I received pre arrival letter for my children today and my daughter status says decision made and my son status says in progress am really confused. Any idea why is it like that. I will really appreciate it if for any ideas from you guys.