+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sam1249

Dec 4, 2023
We applied for csis notes and did jot receive yet! Its been a week or so.
we also did contact mp and he replied thr same as ircc agent did that my husband bg is still under progress and kids and my file wont move forward untill my husbands bg is cleared. Its exactly been a year since they requested my husbands fingerptints today on march 23 .
mp also said they might contact us again for new fingerprints.
No clue why its taking time when everone else is gettinh there oath

Reactions: Abdul04

Abdul04

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
we also did contact mp and he replied thr same as ircc agent did that my husband bg is still under progress and kids and my file wont move forward untill my husbands bg is cleared. Its exactly been a year since they requested my husbands fingerptints today on march 23 .
I'm in similar situation. Mine is still in SS and because of this my family's processing is delayed. It's been more than 15 months now.

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
What i have learned is once you do finger printing that means your application is non routine. IRCC said there 15 months processing time does not apply to non routine type of application. I hope you hear something soon.

Sam1249

Dec 4, 2023
What i have learned is once you do finger printing that means your application is non routine. IRCC said there 15 months processing time does not apply to non routine type of application. I hope you hear something soon.
Yes the agent i spoke to he also said that if fingerprints are taken then its a non routine..
no other option other than to wait :(

ZaraSamina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Hi,
I got interview request via email today, no update on tracker yet. But the email, consent form as well as information is in French. I use google translation to understand the email and it is said interview is regarding Language and/or knowledge.
Should I email them to send me in English?
Will i have to give test again as I have already passed my test in India last year April and its updated in the tracker?
Thank you

rizmustafa

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Hello all - received the oath invitation email this morning (family of 4). It took a while but we are finally here - just a little over 15 months. My background was pending throughout (wifey's passed before the citizenship test last year). We did our fingerprints last year and had to do them again on March 13th once again and at the end of March, background passed and just today received the invite. I didn't even notice the LPP being passed. The oath ceremony is also just after a week - different than what I have read here previously.

Thank you to all members for your insights. Wish everyone the best of luck.

Reactions: rushi.gada

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Hello all - received the oath invitation email this morning (family of 4). It took a while but we are finally here - just a little over 15 months. My background was pending throughout (wifey's passed before the citizenship test last year). We did our fingerprints last year and had to do them again on March 13th once again and at the end of March, background passed and just today received the invite. I didn't even notice the LPP being passed. The oath ceremony is also just after a week - different than what I have read here previously.

Thank you to all members for your insights. Wish everyone the best of luck.
Congratulations! In my case, only my wife had to do finger printing. We all received oath invitation but one day before oath my received an email stating her finger printing is over an year that is hwy she cant take oath. Myself and my daughter took oath and my wife ia waiting for letter or instructions to do finger printing again. Did you receive a letter ot email to do your finger printing for the second time?

rizmustafa

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Congratulations! In my case, only my wife had to do finger printing. We all received oath invitation but one day before oath my received an email stating her finger printing is over an year that is hwy she cant take oath. Myself and my daughter took oath and my wife ia waiting for letter or instructions to do finger printing again. Did you receive a letter ot email to do your finger printing for the second time?
Thank you. We received the fingerprint request exactly a year after it expired. We did our finger prints on March 13th last year and got the letter on the same date

rizmustafa

Star Member
May 14, 2017
Quick question - we will be taking our oath virtually as a family. We have been assigned 4 seat numbers. Do we join from one computer and have that seat number as our Zoom name or should all 4 people join separately?

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Quick question - we will be taking our oath virtually as a family. We have been assigned 4 seat numbers. Do we join from one computer and have that seat number as our Zoom name or should all 4 people join separately?
One zoom meeting. Rename zoom attendee with seat # like 001/002/003. You can put all family seat number with /.

Reactions: rizmustafa

seekingCR2

Star Member
May 10, 2017
Thank you. We received the fingerprint request exactly a year after it expired. We did our finger prints on March 13th last year and got the letter on the same date
can you let me know how did you do second finger print? Did you receive letter or email for second time finger printing?