+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dear Leon

tenek

Oct 29, 2008
Dear Leon,
Kindly I have PR for me, my 2 kids and my wife.If I come alone and stay till I take citizenship , Can my family come and take residence in Canada after that, As I fear to come and don't find a job in Toronto to support my family.
Regards,
Tarek

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your wife and children must travel to Canada and "land" before the expiry of their PR visas. If they do not do this, their visas will expire and you will have to sponsor them again for PR from scratch at a later date.

Assuming your wife and children travel to Canada and land before the expiry of their PR visas, they must then live in Canada two out of every five years to maintain their PR status. If they don't do this, they will lose their PR status and you will have to sponsor them again for PR from scratch at a later date.

tenek

Oct 29, 2008
Thanks , Kindly can my wife and children come before PR expire in the last year (5th year) and live in Canada 2 years to renew it again. As they made landing in July 2009 can they return to Canada in June 2014 before PR expire.
Regards, :)

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
tenek said:
Thanks , Kindly can my wife and children come before PR expire in the last year (5th year) and live in Canada 2 years to renew it again. As they made landing in July 2009 can they return to Canada in June 2014 before PR expire.
Regards, :)
Good question. I would like to know this too. Application cares about absence of 1095 days in past five years. I never heard any one said if the PR card expired you are out of status.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not meeting the residency requirements with a valid PR card is a grey area. When you arrive in Canada and they question if you meet the requirements and probably have some data on your travels, they could report you for not meeting the requirements which means you have to appeal to keep your PR. However, they often seem to let people in without reporting them. If that happens, it is perfectly legal to them to live in Canada even after their PR cards expire and not renew until they have 2 years and meet the residency requirements again.

However, this is also not something you can trust to remain the same for all eternity. They could always toughen the rules if they feel like it. However, you always have the back up option that as long as you meet the requirements, you can sponsor your family again.

bella92

Jul 7, 2012
Dear Leon

Please i need your help
i have applied my refugee travel document before 40 days ago but still they didn't return back my original documents PR and BC health card. Am gonna taking IELTS test but they don't allowed me without my PR. Please what shall I do? Should I e-mail to CIC office to ask my original document? if ,so is it creates any problem on my travel document process? exactly how long it takes to receive RTD?