Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 10, 2010
Hello everyone

I am on the family class sponsorship applied last September 2010. I really appreciate that our application is already in process but was really disturbed or bothered when the embassy asked me to provide them the police clearance certificate from Thailand and Turkey , the countries that I have worked before. I was given 40-45 days deadline for the submission. However, the sending of the AOR and their request for other docs already took up 13 days to reach me.

Next week, I will personally apply to the Turkish Embassy for police clearance as I was told to ,yet there is no chance that I can have the certificate in a week or so .

I would appreciate it so much if somebody can advise or give insights.

thank you so much.

wife

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
I feel your pain... we've been trying to get one police check for over 3 months!

My only suggestion is try to get the police check as soon as possible (request they expedite) but most importantly try to get documentation of the process and submit that to immigration right away. Send immigration a letter explaining the potential delay and submit with it a print out of the Turkish embassy website saying how long the process will take, a copy of your dated request for the clearance (including request to expedite the process), correspondance from the embassy stating how long it will take to get the clearance, etc.

We were able to get two out of three of our checks in around two weeks so it might be possible to get it all down by the deadline.

Good luck

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
If you don't receive the police certificates in time to meet the deadline, just fax your embassy (include your identifying information and your file number) and let them know that you've applied and are still waiting. They see this all the time. I was given 60 days to submit a new FBI clearance when your case went back to the embassy for reprocessing after the appeal, and it took 4 months. I just let them know it had been ordered, and after the 60 days, they sent me another letter (as a reminder) requesting them again, and giving me another 60 days.

Contact information for each embassy is available by clicking on the country name in this list.

denoosewife

Nov 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 21 & 25, 2010
AOR Received.
October 21, 2010
Med's Done....
July 17, 2010
Passport Req..
October 21, 2010
Thank you so much for the insights / advice. Indeed , I have gone to the Turkish embassy and inquired and even filed. However, I was not given any paper at all to hold but the police clearance desk officer was kind and I hope that he is a trusting man. I saw my request written in Turkish and was actually signed by the consul. Now , I will be waiting for 2 to 2 1/2 month as the officer asked me to follow up thru calling the embassy by the end of January.

My concern this time is how to follow up in Thailand as I got no one whom I can ask for help or do the follow up for me. Thank you again for the replies, I do hope that you will also include me , my application in your prayers.

denoosewife