+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Date you received the status

AlexSBT

Star Member
Jul 29, 2019
So i'm almost done completing everything but there is something that i don't know how to fill.

In the application at some point it asks your status before PR. For every status you have to put:
  • Date you received the status
  • Date your status expired
  • Date you applied to extend your status

So, at the beginning of the 5 years period i was in a study permit where they give you a work permit too and then i applied for a regional program (BC PNP).

So a couple of questions here:

- when you are a student they give you 2 identical temporary visas, one "study permit" and the other one "work permit" with the exact same dates. So what do i have to put here? Because when i add a "status" on the application there's a selection for international student or temporary worker. Do i have to put student? Or i have to add both status in 2 different fields even if they cover the same period?

- Second, i applied for the bc pnp during the study permit. So it wasn't an extension of the study/wor permit, was a separate thing i think. But the status of the second one starts before the end of the study/work permit. Is it still considered a separate status?