+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dar es Salaam long wait

Aaallysie

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
I remember when I was all over the internet looking for answers, I was hoping more people with applications in Dar VO could have posted. It helped calm some nerves and to plan ahead. And somewhat to know what to be expected.
ME too keep looking to see if I can find some applicants with the same VO but nothing updated or recent!
I just wonder why the applications takes too long to process yet, with few applicants

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
ME too keep looking to see if I can find some applicants with the same VO but nothing updated or recent!
I just wonder why the applications takes too long to process yet, with few applicants
I saw 1 guy on a Facebook outland spousal sponsorship page whose application was done on time, he had also applied in Feb 2023, but that guy was also extremely proactive, as soon as his application was 5 months after medicals without any updates, he was emailing Mp and sending endless webforms. For us, we waited after processing times were exceeded to email MP.

Aaallysie

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
I saw 1 guy on a Facebook outland spousal sponsorship page whose application was done on time, he had also applied in Feb 2023, but that guy was also extremely proactive, as soon as his application was 5 months after medicals without any updates, he was emailing Mp and sending endless webforms. For us, we waited after processing times were exceeded to email MP.
It took us 4 months to get the medical request which is quick too long for the normal, I try to keep my hope that we get an update soon, but I think by May if no update seen I will start to send webforms am already stressed out and exhausted from imagination :D

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
It took us 4 months to get the medical request which is quick too long for the normal, I try to keep my hope that we get an update soon, but I think by May if no update seen I will start to send webforms am already stressed out and exhausted from imagination :D
I can relate to your stress.

First&last24

Feb 19, 2024
Hi everyone, hoping this process isn't as trying on y'all like it's doing on me. I have a couple of questions, how late is late in the process to apply for TRV? I applied outland on September 22.2023, so far only biometrics and medicals are completed. Background check is still in progress and Eligibility not yet started.
Another qn: How do you know what VO the file was transferred to?

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Application submitted Feb 15, 2023.
AOR: MAR 23, 2023
SA: MAY 29, 2023
BIOMETRICS: JUN 7, 2023
MEDICAL: JULY 28, 2023 File transfered to Dar es Salaam.
File stalled
JAN 6,2024 ORDERED GCMS NOTES
FEB 13, 2024: EMAILED MP- FILE IS STILL STALLED.
MARCH 1, 2024, APPLIED FOR TRV, application sent to nairobi
MARCH 13, 2024, TRV APPROVED
MARCH 26, 2024 EMAILED MP AGAIN, PR FILE STILL STALLED.

APRIL 16 2024: PPR FOR PR
APRIL 16, 2024: PPR FOR TRV
I think the pressure campaign is what moves things. I know another person who did the same thing.
Have a file from Aug 2023, returned then resubmitted in October, returned again, then resubmitted in November.
Have done biometrics and have sponsor approval. Applied for TRV for my boy.

Maybe I should start the MP part in two weeks.

Reactions: SKGUG

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
It is so heartbreaking seeing others get progress even when they applied after you, and you are stuck in the middle of the sea :mad:
I went to the outland spousal sponsorship page hoping to get some answers and deleted myself after afew months because there were people who had applied after us and their applications were taking 4 moths
Hi everyone, hoping this process isn't as trying on y'all like it's doing on me. I have a couple of questions, how late is late in the process to apply for TRV? I applied outland on September 22.2023, so far only biometrics and medicals are completed. Background check is still in progress and Eligibility not yet started.
We applied for TRV 2 weeks after our application had exceeded processing times, both applications are unrelated so they have no impact on eachother although, I have read somewhere that PR supercedes TRV.

At the bottom of the letter in gckey, the office which issued the visa signs off.

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
I went to the outland spousal sponsorship page hoping to get some answers and deleted myself after afew months because there were people who had applied after us and their applications were taking 4 moths

We applied for TRV 2 weeks after our application had exceeded processing times, both applications are unrelated so they have no impact on eachother although, I have read somewhere that PR supercedes TRV.

At the bottom of the letter in gckey, the office which issued the visa signs off.
My brother-in-law's wife applied for TRV when her PR application was processing. She got the TRV done first (those are processed in Nairobi).

Reactions: SKGUG

SKGUG

Nov 29, 2023
My brother-in-law's wife applied for TRV when her PR application was processing. She got the TRV done first (those are processed in Nairobi).
Ya, our TRV took 12 days to approve at the nairobi VO. The problem is as soon as the TRV got approved Spousal sponsorship got approval too. After 14 months of waiting. No children or dependents.

Last edited:

Aaallysie

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
The process is trying me in every way possible :mad:.
The VO where the application is transferred you can find it in the sponsor approval letter

Cycy

May 7, 2021
Did you get a sponsor approve?