+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Daily Commute from Niagara Falls or Fort Erie, ON to NY

taiwan_star

May 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

Happy New Year - As I was trying to comb through the discussion threads on daily commute, it looks like there's not much information / expererience available on the Niagara Falls or Fort Erie, ON - NY route. Yet, there is a lot of discussions about Windor - Detroit or BC - Seattle routes. Wondering what the reasons more people would choose these two other routes over Niagara Falls or Fort Erie, ON - NY route are, if they can work remotely (anywehere in the US).

Some background about myself. I am a current H1B holder and a Canadian PR based in New York City. There is sufficient time on the H1B but my Canadian PR is running out of time (close to 3-year mark and I haven't been in the country since the PR status was granted because of COVID). Despite the fact that there is spousal sponsorship, it's not ideal as it takes about 17 months for outland application and plus 6 months gap for open work permit application (open work permits requires inland application). Luckily, my employer allows its empolyees to work anywhere in the States. Therefore, I'm contemplating to do daily run crossing the border and ON - NY route is currnetly the most preferred option given it's closer to Toronto where my wife intends to be based.

Here's my questions as below:
1. What are some pros and cons crossing Niagara Falls or Fort Erie, ON to NY?
2. Rainbow Bridge and Peace Bridge are the only two major bridges to get to the U.S. side. (I know there are other smaller bridges too but incorporating other factors it's better to have your work place in Baffalo, NY or Niagagra Falls, NY. Could somebody share their experiences regardging the crossing time, such as peak hours and winter / summer...etc?
3. Wondering what the reasons more people would choose these two other routes (BC - WA and Winsor - Detriot) over Niagara Falls or Fort Erie, ON - NY route are, if they can work remotely (anywehere in the US).
4. Is there any Whatsapp group of this ON - NY route? If so, it'd be great if someone could add me in. Happy to DM you with my number.
5. Any other advice would be appreciated.

Wish every reader all the best and complete this everylasting immigration process asap!

Best Regards,

Calvin

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Calvin,
I am in the same situation and have exactly the same questions. Did you make a move? Please update