+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CV for visitor visa?!!!

as.rezaei

May 21, 2019
Hi guys,

I am a middle Easterner who is living in Europe as a researcher, for a couple of years. I applied for a visitor visa (The embassy of Canada in Rome) to attend the conference and present my paper in Montreal as well as visiting Canada, more than 7 weeks ago (Submitted all documents regarding the conference including invitation letter). To this date, I have not received any decision on my application though the typical processing time for Canadian embassy in Italy is almost two weeks. It has been more than one month since there are conducting background check on my case and 10 days ago, I received a message from IRCC asking to submit my CV.

I was wondering if it is normal for IRCC to request for CV for visitor visa. And how long could it last since the conference will be held in one month?!!!!

Thank you guys in advance.

copico

Aug 19, 2019
Hi guys,

I am a middle Easterner who is living in Europe as a researcher, for a couple of years. I applied for a visitor visa (The embassy of Canada in Rome) to attend the conference and present my paper in Montreal as well as visiting Canada, more than 7 weeks ago (Submitted all documents regarding the conference including invitation letter). To this date, I have not received any decision on my application though the typical processing time for Canadian embassy in Italy is almost two weeks. It has been more than one month since there are conducting background check on my case and 10 days ago, I received a message from IRCC asking to submit my CV.

I was wondering if it is normal for IRCC to request for CV for visitor visa. And how long could it last since the conference will be held in one month?!!!!

Thank you guys in advance.
Did you eventually get your visa in time? How long did it take to process this additional document? I was asked to submit my CV today, which is rather weird! I am not a researcher btw. Thanks!

as.rezaei

May 21, 2019
Did you eventually get your visa in time? How long did it take to process this additional document? I was asked to submit my CV today, which is rather weird! I am not a researcher btw. Thanks!
Yes. As far as I remember, they asked for the CV after three week (more or less). Overally it took nearly 80 days, I suppose.