Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
I, citizen living abroad, am sponsoring my wife, . My wife is an April applicant, checked notes that Eligibility, Criminality and Medical PASSED. Security not started.

We are planning to move together with our dog in March/April (due to weather constraint for our dog) regardless of my wife's PR approval. No plan of visiting our country of origin for at least for 2 years, will flagpole when PR is approved. However, if PR is not approved by March/April she'll be entering as a visitor, here comes the problem on her dealing with her personal belongings. Can she bring the jewelry in as a visitor? If not, can her relatives bring them in when visiting her next year? How would these be handled at the airport of entry?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
wyho007 said:
I, citizen living abroad, am sponsoring my wife, . My wife is an April applicant, checked notes that Eligibility, Criminality and Medical PASSED. Security not started.

We are planning to move together with our dog in March/April (due to weather constraint for our dog) regardless of my wife's PR approval. No plan of visiting our country of origin for at least for 2 years, will flagpole when PR is approved. However, if PR is not approved by March/April she'll be entering as a visitor, here comes the problem on her dealing with her personal belongings. Can she bring the jewelry in as a visitor? If not, can her relatives bring them in when visiting her next year? How would these be handled at the airport of entry?
Anyone crossing the border will have whatever they are carrying assessed based on their status at the time. It doesn't matter who is carrying the items for someone else. If they are not eligible for specific exemptions, they may be charged duty and taxes on the "imported" goods. You should contact CBSA directly and discuss your options.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
I agree with the previous comment. Better to call CBSA

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/menu-eng.html

Good luck