+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CSQ passport-format photo

adirondack36

Jan 19, 2021
Hi, I'm submitting documents for CSQ (not federal stage) and it requests a passport-format photo, but there is no size specification. Will a 51mm X 51mm photo be accepted? It was an official photo for my US passport.

Feb 16, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, I'm submitting documents for CSQ (not federal stage) and it requests a passport-format photo, but there is no size specification. Will a 51mm X 51mm photo be accepted? It was an official photo for my US passport.
Hi! I sent them Canadian size passport photos.
Just wondering if you've received your CSQ? I submitted my documents to MIFI on Feb 21, 2022, and received the acknowledgment from MIFI on March 2, 2022, but no updates after that. Just want to know if others are experiencing similar delays?

adirondack36

Jan 19, 2021
Hi! I sent them Canadian size passport photos.
Just wondering if you've received your CSQ? I submitted my documents to MIFI on Feb 21, 2022, and received the acknowledgment from MIFI on March 2, 2022, but no updates after that. Just want to know if others are experiencing similar delays?
I'm a bit behind you. My documents were delivered via Canada Post on March 14 but I haven't heard an acknowledgement yet. Hopefully it will be in the next few days. Not sure how long it will be for CSQ but let's keep each other posted!

Feb 16, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Job Offer........
Yes
I'm a bit behind you. My documents were delivered via Canada Post on March 14 but I haven't heard an acknowledgement yet. Hopefully it will be in the next few days. Not sure how long it will be for CSQ but let's keep each other posted!

Hi!

I believe they usually send out the acknowledgment a little over a week after they receive the documents. You should be getting it soon.
I also just want to let you know that I finally heard back from MIFI on March 22, 2022, although they are asking me to provide additional documents...

adirondack36

Jan 19, 2021
Hi!

I believe they usually send out the acknowledgment a little over a week after they receive the documents. You should be getting it soon.
I also just want to let you know that I finally heard back from MIFI on March 22, 2022, although they are asking me to provide additional documents...
I called them yesterday to ask why I hadn't gotten an acknowledgement and they said to wait another week and then sent me the acknowledgement a few hours later, not sure if it was a coincidence haha.

I am a little worried, I can't imagine what problem they could have with my documents but for some reason I have a feeling they'll find one :oops:

SD_1987

Mar 9, 2023
Hello Guys,

I am one year behind you :)

I submitted the online application, made the payment, and received the list of personalized documents a week ago.
My documents are almost ready to be couriered to MIFI.

I was wondering whether I should staple/glue the Passport photos on the application document, or simply put the photos (we are a family of four) in a small envelop with our names on the back sides?

One more question if I may; After receiving the AOR, how long did it take for you to hear back from MIFI concerning the CSQ status (approval / rejection) ?
I beleive it is mentioned that the CSQ application will be processed within 6 months from the AOR!

What's your feedback on this duration? was your process time longer or shorter?

Thank you in advance for your help, and getting your advice(s) would be greatly appreciated!

Stephanie.

MehdiDXB

Jan 4, 2023
Hello Guys,

I am one year behind you :)

I submitted the online application, made the payment, and received the list of personalized documents a week ago.
My documents are almost ready to be couriered to MIFI.

I was wondering whether I should staple/glue the Passport photos on the application document, or simply put the photos (we are a family of four) in a small envelop with our names on the back sides?

One more question if I may; After receiving the AOR, how long did it take for you to hear back from MIFI concerning the CSQ status (approval / rejection) ?
I beleive it is mentioned that the CSQ application will be processed within 6 months from the AOR!

What's your feedback on this duration? was your process time longer or shorter?

Thank you in advance for your help, and getting your advice(s) would be greatly appreciated!

Stephanie.
Hi Stephanie,

On the "fiche d'accompagnement" it is clearly stipulated that you should put all documents without any additional holding device:
"Il est également important de ne pas placer vos documents dans des protège-documents (feuilles plastifiées, reliures à
anneaux, couvertures opaques, etc.)
." So I just added the photos in the envelop along with the rest of the documents printed.

On this, do not forget to print the fiche d'accompagnement and include it accordingly in your document folder. Hope that helps!

Reactions: SD_1987

SD_1987

Mar 9, 2023
Thank you a lot for the information1

I will take your notes into consideration.

Have a great day.

Last edited: