+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS - Skilled foreign work experience has to be in only one occupation ?

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just wanted to confirm if skilled foreign experience has to be in only job.

The reason am asking is - I have work experience in 2 separate jobs but I guess I have to use only one.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

negarina

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Re: CRS - Skilled foreign work experience has to in only one occupation ?

nokia3315 said:

The reason am asking is - I have work experience in 2 separate jobs but I guess I have to use only one.

Work experience has to be in one NOC type (A or B or C) ! It doesnt mean it has to be same job. Thats my understanding of the system

nokia3315

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: CRS - Skilled foreign work experience has to in only one occupation ?

negarina said:
Work experience has to be in one NOC type (A or B or C) ! It doesnt mean it has to be same job. Thats my understanding of the system
Thanks for the reply.

But if you check the Work Experience part 6) ii. on the CRS tool, it states in only one occupation.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's for basic eligibility - at least 1 year of experience in the same NOC. Also for computing points under FSW wherein you get points for work experience gained under primary NOC. For CRS purposes, you can showcase experience gained under multiple NOCs.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nokia3315 said:

I applied and got PR using several jobs with many NOCs, including outside Canada as an ESL teacher and journalist (both NOC A) and, inside Canada, as a Production Assistant (NOC B) and literary agent (NOC A). I got the maximum credit for foreign work experience and the time credit for all jobs in Canada (I had two as a production assistant and one as a literary agent), and I applied as a literary agent, my current job, with about a year and a half of experience in that field when I applied for PR.

$unn¥123

Jul 25, 2015
NOC-2281 for my work experience...i Need to know how can u differentiate roles and responsibilities in ur own wording from given wording in NOC??? Could anyone help??