+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CRS Score with online education and work experience simultaneously

mrinali20

Jul 4, 2020
Hi,
I wanted to know if the Online distance education and work experience, each be calculated separately for my crs score or not?
Please advice..

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Work experience and education are two separate things so of course points are assigned separately for them.

I don't know where you're studying online, but on the off chance you're in your home country taking an online program from a Canadian college or university, note that doesn't give you any extra points for Canadian education.

Reactions: mrinali20

mrinali20

Jul 4, 2020
Work experience and education are two separate things so of course points are assigned separately for them.

I don't know where you're studying online, but on the off chance you're in your home country taking an online program from a Canadian college or university, note that doesn't give you any extra points for Canadian education.
Oh okaay. Thank you.
I will be doing the online education in my home country itself while I am working. So that does count in the points right?

cursor18

May 31, 2015
I dont think you get points just for taking online classes. You need to graduate, send your grad certificate & transcript copies to an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) provider (like WES etc). They will determine what the Canadian equivalent is for the online program you took (eg Masters, Post Grad, Diploma etc). Based on their assessment, you will get your points (eg masters as 20, Post Grad 15, Diploma 10 etc). You will also get work points based on how many work exp years your have (obv you need to submit work exp proof). They both will collectively add into your CRS score. Hope that clears any confusion

Reactions: mrinali20

mrinali20

Jul 4, 2020
I dont think you get points just for taking online classes. You need to graduate, send your grad certificate & transcript copies to an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) provider (like WES etc). They will determine what the Canadian equivalent is for the online program you took (eg Masters, Post Grad, Diploma etc). Based on their assessment, you will get your points (eg masters as 20, Post Grad 15, Diploma 10 etc). You will also get work points based on how many work exp years your have (obv you need to submit work exp proof). They both will collectively add into your CRS score. Hope that clears any confusion
I have already completed my graduation. So, I was thinking of doing an online Post Graduation Diploma. I was thinking if it would be counted, because I will be working side by side as well.
(This did clear some of my doubts. Thank you..)