+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPC-CTD-Ottawa asking for proof in email, not in the mail???

FairyRaichu

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Sorry if this is the wrong section.

So I have read that a lot of people get to send their proof of relationship (IMM5490 form) via mail, yet for some reason they have told me to send it through EMAIL?!?!?! And what's WORSE is that there is a MAXIMUM of 5MB that I can send. How on earth am I supposed to send so much info (ESPECIALLY PICTURES) with a limit of 5MB??? I have only added maybe 20 pictures, which are extremely important for my case, and I've already used HALF of the maximum amount. And this isnt even counting the 1,000 paged chat logs I have had with my husband!!

Has anyone else experienced this??? I have contacted them about whether or not I am allowed to send TWO emails so that I have more room, and then i figure out it takes up to TWENTY BUSINESS DAYS FOR THEM TO RESPOND. And I have 30 days, I will most likely not get their answer in time. I don't know if I am allowed to do that? or does it ACTUALLY HAVE TO BE 5MB in one email? Am I allowed to send all of my info via mail? They did not offer me that option in the email, but rather told me to email them all my evidence (although they did not say i WASNT allowed to mail it.)

gprasad.n

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
USA
App. Filed.......
06/2014
Med's Request
12/2014
Med's Done....
01/2015
Passport Req..
04/2015
VISA ISSUED...
05/2015
LANDED..........
11/2015
Scan them to PDF in low resolution <150 DPI. You can scan more than one pic per page. It would reduce the size.