+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CPA PEP (Facilitated by CPA Ontario) while on an Open Work Permit

Hellbringer

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hi,

I am just wondering whether anyone has taken the CPA PEP from CPA Ontario while on an Open Work Permit? or anyone has any opinions whether this is allowed? The following factors seems to make this a grey area:

1. CPA Ontario is not a Designated Learning Institution.
2. I believe the modules are all online, except for some exams which will be delivered in class.
3, This is a professional certification and not an acadmic program.

Hence, was wondering whether someone has had the same situation? and did not have any problems with immigration (i.e., when they applied for permanent residency).

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am just wondering whether anyone has taken the CPA PEP from CPA Ontario while on an Open Work Permit? or anyone has any opinions whether this is allowed? The following factors seems to make this a grey area:

1. CPA Ontario is not a Designated Learning Institution.
2. I believe the modules are all online, except for some exams which will be delivered in class.
3, This is a professional certification and not an acadmic program.

Hence, was wondering whether someone has had the same situation? and did not have any problems with immigration (i.e., when they applied for permanent residency).

Thank you
It doesn’t matter if the program is not through a DLI, if the program is over 6 months then you would need a study permit. Search the forum as there are other threads on this issue with the same questions.