+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 visitor visa extension

system82

Feb 22, 2017
Hi. My mom recently visited and her flight was cancelled due to COVID-19. She had to stay over 4 days after her visa expired (ex. her visa expired on July 1st, but she left on July 5th). She is back to her country, and I got a new email from immigration to submit a medical exam. So my question is:

- Is it alright she doesn't see a doctor and eventually get rejected for visa extension?

She is going to come back to Canada between September to December and I am worried the border will reject her due to 4 days of stay as it might be considered as "illegal". Or should I be safe and ask her to have medical exam in her country? In that case, I extended visa until September, is this mean she will have to leave on September if she comes back to Canada on September and wait until her visa extension to expire to come back to Canada? Thanks!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You could try to withdraw the extension application with the grounds that she was able to leave the country.

If they refuse to allow you to withdraw, then you should complete the medical exam.

system82

Feb 22, 2017
You could try to withdraw the extension application with the grounds that she was able to leave the country.

If they refuse to allow you to withdraw, then you should complete the medical exam.
Oh I see! Thanks! I have submitted the withdraw enquiry at immigration of Canada website.