+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

covid -19 visitor record

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
Hi all,
I am planning to apply for a visitor record for my parents as they cannot travel back due to covid 19 situations.

Do I need to submit a new return flight ticket along with the application? Getting a flight ticket is very difficult now as most of them are cancelled or no seats available.
There 6 month stay period is about to expire in August first week.

Thanks

RicBisl

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
I am also in a similar situation - but my question was more of was a visitor record required - as COVID19 cancelled flights of no fault of ours. But from your post - it seems like I will have to do it regardless - as for the ticket information - I currently only have a cancellation notification from the travel agency - but no booking for new flight - which they have advised would be in August.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
I am planning to apply for a visitor record for my parents as they cannot travel back due to covid 19 situations.

Do I need to submit a new return flight ticket along with the application? Getting a flight ticket is very difficult now as most of them are cancelled or no seats available.
There 6 month stay period is about to expire in August first week.

Thanks
All you need to do is apply for an extension. It seems like parents are really in Canada to take care of a child. At some point extensions will be denied.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am also in a similar situation - but my question was more of was a visitor record required - as COVID19 cancelled flights of no fault of ours. But from your post - it seems like I will have to do it regardless - as for the ticket information - I currently only have a cancellation notification from the travel agency - but no booking for new flight - which they have advised would be in August.
They can include their cancelled booking in the extension application if you would like. There is no need to include any flight itinerary details Or booking proof in the extension application.

RicBisl

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2014
AOR Received.
18-12-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
They can include their cancelled booking in the extension application if you would like. There is no need to include any flight itinerary details Or booking proof in the extension application.
Thanks, thats what I will do

dinodn

Aug 22, 2016
All you need to do is apply for an extension. It seems like parents are really in Canada to take care of a child. At some point extensions will be denied.
Thank you. I applied for extension. Had to do medicals. Now waiting for an update from them

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
I applied extension in April for my mother till Aug 03. They requested biometric, but it’s closed yet. For how long my mother can stay here? We have to wait till decision is made or leave by Aug 03.
As extension is in process, can I apply for her supervisa as well, within Canada ?

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
I applied extension in April for my mother till Aug 03. They requested biometric, but it’s closed yet. For how long my mother can stay here? We have to wait till decision is made or leave by Aug 03.
As extension is in process, can I apply for her supervisa as well, within Canada ?
She can stay until the decision has been made for her extension. She will simply be on implied status after August 3

Reactions: SandhuHarry

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
She can stay until the decision has been made for her extension. She will simply be on implied status after August 3
Thanks for replying.
Her 6 months stay expired on May19. So I guess she’s on implied status now. I applied for extension till Aug 03. If decision isn’t made till Aug 03, can she stay beyond that? And can I apply for her super visa within Canada & on implied status.

Smd91_

Apr 6, 2019
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
15-03-2023
Thanks for replying.
Her 6 months stay expired on May19. So I guess she’s on implied status now. I applied for extension till Aug 03. If decision isn’t made till Aug 03, can she stay beyond that? And can I apply for her super visa within Canada & on implied status.
She can stay as long as they take to finalize her extension. So relax

Reactions: SandhuHarry

moskitou

Jun 25, 2021
Hi there!
me and my common-law partner entered the country on march 8 2020, and a few days later the borders were shut down, our flights cancelled and we were stranded here. we applied for a visitor record in august, each one of us submiting an application. Since then i had been checking my account and today the status on my application still says pending for answer. At the begining I would check on both our accounts for updates but it would always be the same result, so I then started to only check the status of my account. Today I logged in to my partners account and found that she had a response since April 15 2021 where they informed her that she was denied her visitor record. We are from Mexico and all flights to Mexico were cancelled after January, and they just resumed the first week of June. We are now going back to Mexico, and i applied and was accepted to Sheridan College for the Winter term, and I will apply for my student permit from home. My question is, should we try to restore her status before leaving so that she wont have a problem in case I am granted a study permit? Does any body have any advice on this?? thank you all!