+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid-19 and CEC with Valid Job Offer

ShakthiH

Dec 12, 2018
With so many jobs being lost every week and every day now because of covid-19 and other reasons, I would like to know what happens in the below situation-

I have a valid LMIA based job, in which I have been working for more than an year now. I received ITA and submitted the documents in January 2020, including a letter which says the employer 'intends' to keep my employed for at least an year after the PR is approved. Now, with the turntables, I am not sure what is going to happen. I still have the job fortunately, but not sure for how long. I hope I'll be able to keep my job for another 4-5 months at least.. But with the delays in PR processing, I am not sure when the PR gets approved, and that one clause is going to bite me bad. If my job goes before the PR approval, my PR gets rejected as well, correct? Can anybody with knowledge comment on this?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
With so many jobs being lost every week and every day now because of covid-19 and other reasons, I would like to know what happens in the below situation-

I have a valid LMIA based job, in which I have been working for more than an year now. I received ITA and submitted the documents in January 2020, including a letter which says the employer 'intends' to keep my employed for at least an year after the PR is approved. Now, with the turntables, I am not sure what is going to happen. I still have the job fortunately, but not sure for how long. I hope I'll be able to keep my job for another 4-5 months at least.. But with the delays in PR processing, I am not sure when the PR gets approved, and that one clause is going to bite me bad. If my job goes before the PR approval, my PR gets rejected as well, correct? Can anybody with knowledge comment on this?
No one knows what exceptions will or will not be made for situations caused by COVID-19.

farhanraza15

Feb 23, 2020
Waterloo ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
23-03-2020
AOR Received.
15-04-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020

I am in a same boat. please let me know if you get to know any solution for this situation, like "Arranged Employment" or "Bridging work permit".

ashwinvsinha

Aug 12, 2020

Hi Did you get PR, what is the current status?