+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Couriered to normal mailing address - PR Card

trickski

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Category........
QSW
Hi,

I landed in July as a permenant resident and have been awaiting my PR Card. I received a letter at the end of August saying that my photos don't meet specifications. I then sent new photos per courier to the address they provided in the letter. I now have followed up with them and they responded saying that they need to still receive the new photos. They included two different addresses, one of them was listed as the "normal post address" which was the one I had couriered my photos to and the other one was for couriered post.

Would anyone know whether courriering my post to the "regular mail" address would result in them not receiving it?

Thanks!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

I landed in July as a permenant resident and have been awaiting my PR Card. I received a letter at the end of August saying that my photos don't meet specifications. I then sent new photos per courier to the address they provided in the letter. I now have followed up with them and they responded saying that they need to still receive the new photos. They included two different addresses, one of them was listed as the "normal post address" which was the one I had couriered my photos to and the other one was for couriered post.

Would anyone know whether courriering my post to the "regular mail" address would result in them not receiving it?

Thanks!
What do you actually mean when you say “courier”? And what does it actually say in the tracking details?

There are 2 listed addresses because couriers like FedEx, UPS need specific street names and numbers, while Canada Post recognizes the Government of Canada mail centres.

If you had sent XpressPost to the “normal” address it should be fine since Canada Post uses this address.

If you had done a prepaid FedEx drop or something the worst case is they return your package to you. Best case is it is delivered.

Reactions: armoured

trickski

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Category........
QSW
What do you actually mean when you say “courier”? And what does it actually say in the tracking details?

There are 2 listed addresses because couriers like FedEx, UPS need specific street names and numbers, while Canada Post recognizes the Government of Canada mail centres.

If you had sent XpressPost to the “normal” address it should be fine since Canada Post uses this address.

If you had done a prepaid FedEx drop or something the worst case is they return your package to you. Best case is it is delivered.

Thanks for your response.

I sent it with FedEx to the "normal addres". I got a notification that said it was delivered so I guess that should be fine then?