+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of Residence Express Entry

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
Hello all,

I have an important question regarding the Country of Residence Section of the Express Entry to ask and I would really appreciate if someone could help here!

So, I have finally receive an ITA to apply and I am re-creating my EE profile as it have been flagged on the day I received my ITA as ineligible for some reasons. Now, my issue is that I live in U.S under work visa and I am no longer employable hence I am returning back home.

So my country of residence for my EE would then be back home, where I am from? Or would it be in the U.S? The trick here is that I was wondering If i would benefit of any advantage on the processing time while applying with a residency in U.S but I don't know.

If I choose my residency in U.S would I be able to change that later on? Otherwise what would you advise? Thank you

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
You country of residence should be the country where you have the legal right to stay in for a long time. As you just implied, you are going back home since your working visa is no longer valid and/or you can't get a job while you are in the U.S. and therefore only select your home country as your country of residence in your application. Not doing so , may or may not be flagged as misrepresentation as the moment they will start their R10 or even your Background check they would easily spot it and may reject your application just for that one reason.

As for how fast processing could go, yes of course US residents seem to get processed faster but that doesn't mean others are taking forever and either way , that BG goes up to 10 years back and have some U.S. history may also speed up things for you anyway.

Reactions: LardiaMagellan

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
Thank you for your detailed advice. I would proceed as you advice claiming my residency like my country of origin. However, I have a last question for you. As I am preparing to return home, I was thinking to pass my medical exam here before I leave. Would that be a problem to have my medical exam in U.S and apply in my country of origin? Or should I just do all that back home?

Thank you very much for your advice!

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thank you for your detailed advice. I would proceed as you advice claiming my residency like my country of origin. However, I have a last question for you. As I am preparing to return home, I was thinking to pass my medical exam here before I leave. Would that be a problem to have my medical exam in U.S and apply in my country of origin? Or should I just do all that back home?

Thank you very much for your advice!
Both Medical exam and Bio-metric collection can be made anywhere in the world, as long as they are done at locations approved by IRCC. So refer back to IRCC website for list of approved locations.

This is possible since IRCC have introduced eMedical and they started using Visa application centers that are outsourced to companies like VFS , which have allowed for information to flow digitally to IRCC mainframe.

Reactions: LardiaMagellan

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Both Medical exam and Bio-metric collection can be made anywhere in the world, as long as they are done at locations approved by IRCC. So refer back to IRCC website for list of approved locations.

This is possible since IRCC have introduced eMedical and they started using Visa application centers that are outsourced to companies like VFS , which have allowed for information to flow digitally to IRCC mainframe.
Hey @yiso91 how are u ??

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018

Thanks a lot about all your advices. I very much appreciate ! :)

Nadeemcadxb

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
You country of residence should be the country where you have the legal right to stay in for a long time. As you just implied, you are going back home since your working visa is no longer valid and/or you can't get a job while you are in the U.S. and therefore only select your home country as your country of residence in your application. Not doing so , may or may not be flagged as misrepresentation as the moment they will start their R10 or even your Background check they would easily spot it and may reject your application just for that one reason.

As for how fast processing could go, yes of course US residents seem to get processed faster but that doesn't mean others are taking forever and either way , that BG goes up to 10 years back and have some U.S. history may also speed up things for you anyway.
Dear Yiso91,
I hope this message finds you well.

I am seeking your help and advise on a situation where I am currently living/working in the UAE and usually study permit visa are getting rejected from UAE on mainly with ties with current country of residence.

Can you please advise if I can apply from my home country meanwhile I am still living in UAE. I have listed down all the areas where the current country of residence and country where applying is asked in the online application and on the study permit form IMM1294e.

Looking forward to your advise.

There are three areas where you have to chose the country.

1. What is your current country/territory of Residence (This one comes while filling out the online application)

Then other two questions from IMM1294e form

2. Current Country or Territory of Residence

3. Country of Territory where applying