+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Country of issue for UK PCC upload to MyCiC

KIRUTHIKA16

Jul 4, 2017
Hi,

I did my post graduation in the UK for which I stayed there for a year. So I was asked to obtain a police certificate from NPCC. At the time of submission of the Express Entry application, I didn't have the UK police certificate. So I submitted the proof of application. But now I am asked to upload the original document(PCC issued by ACRO) which I have in hand. While submission, I am facing few difficulties.
  • Where do I find the certificate number in the UK PCC?
  • Where do I see the expiry date of the certificate?
  • What will be my country of issue among the following? (I am from India who went there for post graduation)
    • UK - Brit. Overseas terr
    • UK - Brit. Ntl. Overseas
    • UK - Brit. Overseas citizen
    • UK - Brit. protected person
    • UK - British citizen
    • UK - British subject
Please help!!!

wissamm

Mar 30, 2020
Hello can i know what did u end up selecting? since i am in the same situation ( UK PCC)
Hi, how did you end up filling those fields? I have the same problem and don't know what to do

Hello can i know what did u end up selecting i am in the same situation today

wissamm

Mar 30, 2020
Hi,

I did my post graduation in the UK for which I stayed there for a year. So I was asked to obtain a police certificate from NPCC. At the time of submission of the Express Entry application, I didn't have the UK police certificate. So I submitted the proof of application. But now I am asked to upload the original document(PCC issued by ACRO) which I have in hand. While submission, I am facing few difficulties.
  • Where do I find the certificate number in the UK PCC?
  • Where do I see the expiry date of the certificate?
  • What will be my country of issue among the following? (I am from India who went there for post graduation)
    • UK - Brit. Overseas terr
    • UK - Brit. Ntl. Overseas
    • UK - Brit. Overseas citizen
    • UK - Brit. protected person
    • UK - British citizen
    • UK - British subject
Please help!!!
Hi, how did you end up filling those fields? I have the same problem and don't know what to do ??

Nsaxo199

Nov 18, 2019
Hello can i know what did u end up selecting? since i am in the same situation ( UK PCC)

Hello can i know what did u end up selecting i am in the same situation today
Hi wissam,

• PC number is the only number on your police certificate. On mine it was found on the top right corner.
  • Expiry date: in the "help" page of the CIC website there should be your answer. Although the date is not written on your PC, I think it says to put either 6 months or a year but I can't remember it precisely now.
  • Country of issue: all of them are clearly wrong, unless one actually apply to you. What I chose I think was British subject but it really shouldn't matter since you're uploading a copy of the certificate and it's obvious that it's been issued in UK.
This is how I filled in those fields and I got my PR with no problems. That being said, of course I am not an immigration consultant and I'm just reporting my own experience. Wish you good luck with your application!