+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Could this be considered as misrepresentation ?

BuminKhan

Star Member
Oct 2, 2019
I might be freaking out for no reason so please help me. Just few days ago, I finally submitted my cec pr application with my common-law partner as my dependent.

Both I and my common-law partner are on our post graduate work-permit that we obtained on our own merits. I got my pgwp before we even moved in together.

At the time when my partner submitted his application for his pgwp, we were not even anywhere close to living together for a year, therefore were single, hence he applied as single as he should have. Although I just realized that the issue date of my common-law partner's pgwp is about 4 weeks after we completed our 1 year of cohabitation.

If IRCC was to dig in, could they possibly consider this as a misrepresentation since we did not report a change in marital status to common-law before pwgp was issued keeping in mind that declaring common-law would make no difference to our case as I had my pgwp already ?

I am freaking out a little. We are a same-sex couple from not very liberal countries (different countries), we're looking forward to a bright future in Canada where we can raise a family. Such issue would genuinely destroy our lives.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I would not freak out over this. Ensure that your status is properly reflected on your PR application. If you are overly worried, include a letter of explanation.

The full test for misrepresentation is whether or not the matter that was not correctly represented would have changed a visa officer's mind about the application. This issue would not likely change anyone's mind.

Reactions: BuminKhan