+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR since June, PR card not received yet (Edmonton office)

Er.strange12

Feb 24, 2021
I have got my copr in 19 June 2020, my photographs reached the office on 25 June 2020. I have been waiting on my Pr card since then from the Edmonton office. My Copr is about to expire. Does anyone know what can I do? I called so many times atleast 15 times still no response. One rep recently told me that your application was auto cancelled by syste. Due to 6 months of inactivity. And Here I was calling them twice every month. My work permit is about to expire in June and also my Copr expires in June 2021. What can I do? Is there any way to contact the immigration office and get the appointment.?

CLAIRE87

Dec 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

So i finally spoke to the agent a couple of times and each time they said they will add a note on to my application. They said they do not see any update on my application since it was approved back in Jun 2020. But when they add a note, it notifies the office to take an action. 2 days ago I got an email directly from the Edmonton office. It states:

Good day,
In response to your inquiry regarding your permanent residence card:

Our office is currently working to process your Permanent Resident Card. Due to COVID-19 our government office is currently working with limited staff and resources. If you had a previous appointment to pick up your card at our office we will contact you to rebook.

To avoid any delays please ensure that your address is current and up to date. Please go to our website and submit your request via web form.

If you require further assistance, please telephone the Client Support Centre at 1-888-242-2100 or visit our website at www.canada.ca Please reference your application number and UCI.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Edmonton IRCC will not respond to any further inquiries regarding PR Card Processing.

Regards,
IRCC Edmonton

So it appears that they got to know that I have called and enquired about my application. Not sure if that helps my cause. Has anybody received such a response directly from the office?
Please can you share the email address that this came from? There was no email address on my COPR and I can't get through to them on the phone. Did you get your card yet?

CLAIRE87

Dec 3, 2019
Just received my pr card from edmonton office. Photos sent on jan 7
I've finally got an answer on mine. I have to go get them in person. Have been randomly selected... Only the offices are closed. And they messed up and my card was just sat in Edmonton even though I live in Toronto. I only found all this out because I called up and they realised their system hadn't flagged that it needs to go to Etobicoke so I can get it. But now the province is completely shut down again so f*ck knows when I will be able to go and get it. Total shambles.

haziqpathan

Jan 24, 2020
I got the similar reply when I emailed them directly on the email address from which I received my COPR.
Providing a quick follow-up to the above. In about a week from the email response from CIC, on Jan 29, 2021 i received a notification that my PR card has been mailed to my Canada address. In about a week from then, the PR card delivered in the mail.

I hope you guys too have received your PR card by now. All the best!

Shafiqahmad

Jan 4, 2020
Hello it seems like Edmonton office take longer to process cards . Does anyone knw how long it takes to get pr card from Edmonton office