+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR Recieved, not landing and applying PR card, how to return to Canada ?

LUUU

Jan 8, 2023
Guys, here is some info about my situation:
I recieved CoPR letter in June2020. I was stuck in China then due to Covid-19, so I did not return to Canada to apply PR card until now.

So, I might have to confirm:
whether I am officially PR or not.
If yes, am I eligible for applying PRTD? if no, what type of application should I submit?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I recieved CoPR letter in June2020. I was stuck in China then due to Covid-19, so I did not return to Canada to apply PR card until now.

If yes, am I eligible for applying PRTD? if no, what type of application should I submit?
When did your COPR expire?

What exactly did the COPR letter say? Copy and paste it here.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

But a friend of mine from China was able to fly to Canada in Sept 2020, so not sure why you were stuck.

LUUU

Jan 8, 2023
When did your COPR expire?

What exactly did the COPR letter say? Copy and paste it here.
My CoPR was issued on JUN-19,2020, and expired after 1year. So it suppose to expire on JUN-19, 2021.

Part of the letter content:

Lu Huang:
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

LUUU

Jan 8, 2023
But a friend of mine from China was able to fly to Canada in Sept 2020, so not sure why you were stuck.
LOL, not pysical be stucked.
It was just not safe to travel during that time, and out and in-bound process was complicated. I also have a baby, making it even more harder to travel.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was just not safe to travel during that time, and out and in-bound process was complicated. I also have a baby, making it even more harder to travel.
But he seated in front of a baby in the flight. The outbound process wasn't complicated at all. There's no mandatory. hotel quarantine unlike 6 months afterwards.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My CoPR was issued on JUN-19,2020, and expired after 1year. So it suppose to expire on JUN-19, 2021.

Part of the letter content:

Lu Huang:
I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
Was the government aware that you were not in Canada? Had you given a Canadian address?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That was a personal choice. Did you have a baby after 2020 or were they included on your PR application? Please remove your name from your post.