+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR received for an infant, is there any option if I don't want the baby to land yet

huyypeter

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Hello, my wife and baby boy (5 months) just got their CoPR. The CoPR lasts until June 2024. We are from SEA, it's a day-long flight, so we don't want to put that on our infant. Additionally, we are planning to let him stay with our parents back home for a year so we can settle down first. My wife is scared of bringing an infant to Canada to land, and then flying back to hand him to our parents :(. Is there any other way around so my kid can come later?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, my wife and baby boy (5 months) just got their CoPR. The CoPR lasts until June 2024. We are from SEA, it's a day-long flight, so we don't want to put that on our infant. Additionally, we are planning to let him stay with our parents back home for a year so we can settle down first. My wife is scared of bringing an infant to Canada to land, and then flying back to hand him to our parents :(. Is there any other way around so my kid can come later?
You can let the COPR expire. But if you do that, you will need to sponsor the child again once you are ready to bring the child to Canada (i.e. new application).

Reactions: armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can change the child to non-accompanying and then reapply for sponsor them around a year before they want to come to Canada.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You can change the child to non-accompanying and then reapply for sponsor them around a year before they want to come to Canada.
The child has already received COPR. There is absolutely zero point in changing the child to non-accompanying through IRCC at this point in the process. The child simply ... doesn't accompany (or land) in Canada.