+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR not sign and stamp

Icecrumble

Apr 17, 2019
Hi everyone,
I landed and arrived from Toronto International Airport last February 8,2019. My problem was My confirmation of permanent residence was not sign and stamp by the officer knowing I did right by giving my passport was enough. Last April 15,2019 when I applied for my sin number that paper should be completely sign and stamp at the time I arrived here. Immigration officer did not even ask my COPR. So what will I do now because my medical is already expired. Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi everyone,
I landed and arrived from Toronto International Airport last February 8,2019. My problem was My confirmation of permanent residence was not sign and stamp by the officer knowing I did right by giving my passport was enough. Last April 15,2019 when I applied for my sin number that paper should be completely sign and stamp at the time I arrived here. Immigration officer did not even ask my COPR. So what will I do now because my medical is already expired. Thank you
Did you actually tell CBSA you were there to land as a PR? Did you go to secondary and complete the landing?

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Are you a US Citizen? If so you have not become a PR. You are currently in Visitor status. You will have to leave Canada and return as a PR.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone,
If you didn't present your COPR to CBSA for processing, you are not a Permanent Resident and are still just a Foreign National.
You have 2 choices.
1) Leave Canada and reenter through a Port of Entry to complete the landing process.
2) Call the IRCC’s Call Centre and ask if you are able to make a landing appointment at the nearest IRCC office.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,
To be honest I don’t even know about that. So what will I do next?
It is clearly explained that you must present the COPR and go through the landing process when entering Canada.

Is your COPR still valid?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone,
I completely missed the comment about "my medical is already expired". If the COPR is expired, neither of the options I suggested are available any longer.

brianmisha

Oct 16, 2019
Please help me. There are no signatures and stap on mother's COPR . Did anyone find the solution for this? If yes what did do?Please.