+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR: no written place of birth

Sathy

Feb 19, 2020
As i received my copr, i noticed that the place of birth is blank.. no information even if it is indicated on my passport.. what to do? Do i need to return my copr with the passport? Or do i proceed to landing? And let POE officer do some corrections?

Sathy

Feb 19, 2020
As i received my copr, i noticed that the place of birth is blank.. no information even if it is indicated on my passport.. what to do? Do i need to return my copr with the passport? Or do i proceed to landing? And let POE officer do some corrections?
Please give me some advise on what to do on this copr... i need your experience.. anyone please?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Land and let CBSA know.

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Did u land without fixing it? My wife's place of birth is blank in her COPR too.. Please guide

Sasu21

Aug 28, 2021
Did u land without fixing it? My wife's place of birth is blank in her COPR too.. Please guide
Hi - Did your wife fix it before landing or landed without fixing it. My husband is having the same issue, where the place of birth is blank in the COPR. Could you please advise.

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Hi - Did your wife fix it before landing or landed without fixing it. My husband is having the same issue, where the place of birth is blank in the COPR. Could you please advise.
Hi.. we had to get it fixed.. coz there was an error on my copr's marital status.. for which we had to submit both the COPRs.. so we got her's fixed as well before landing..

It took us about a week - 10 days max to get the new ones back.

Sasu21

Aug 28, 2021
Thank you this is very helpful. Since this is the only one that is missing in the COPR and there aren't any another errors, just thinking if we should land in Canada and inform the officer.

CDz

Jan 25, 2023
Thank you this is very helpful. Since this is the only one that is missing in the COPR and there aren't any another errors, just thinking if we should land in Canada and inform the officer.
I believe that is an option.. its not a major error.. if you are planning to fly anytime soon then probably you can do it at landing.

Also, make sure you get ur COPR stamped with your landing date at the immigration counter. .. I didnt know abt the stamp when i landed.. and the officer never stamped our COPRs.. he missed it i guess or forgot.. due to which I couldn't apply for health card.. now i need to resend it for correction.. the date is stamped in the field Become PR on