+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR issued , Came Canada but Not Landed PR - Passport Seized

apsg91

May 30, 2018
WPG
I am here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada since 1st July 2018 with confirmation of permanent residence letter, when I landed at Toronto international airport I approached to port of entry point there my passport and COPR letter was seized there and siezure of passport letter was given to me.I was asked to present myself at Winnipeg point of port of entry on 4th July 2018. I went to their office on the date mentioned, the officer attended me told me that your documents from India has not yet received. The officer told me that you will be intimated by phone call whenever we receive. I am now waiting that how long it will take when the documents are received, everything is in order so that my passport and COPR is given back to me and could land me as PR here.

RIGHT NOW , I am staying at Canada . On physical communication from airport , i was told that i can stay here without amy problem until process is ON . But i want to know how much time it would take because , if everything had been perfect ,that is why I wasgranted VISA . Dont know what happened now , I am bit worried because until their decision came , I cant work or study here .

Looking for your esteemed help at the earliest .

Tons of thanks in advance to " Canadavisa ".
Mail me @ apsg91@gmail.com

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I am here in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada since 1st July 2018 with confirmation of permanent residence letter, when I landed at Toronto international airport I approached to port of entry point there my passport and COPR letter was seized there and siezure of passport letter was given to me.I was asked to present myself at Winnipeg point of port of entry on 4th July 2018. I went to their office on the date mentioned, the officer attended me told me that your documents from India has not yet received. The officer told me that you will be intimated by phone call whenever we receive. I am now waiting that how long it will take when the documents are received, everything is in order so that my passport and COPR is given back to me and could land me as PR here.

RIGHT NOW , I am staying at Canada . On physical communication from airport , i was told that i can stay here without amy problem until process is ON . But i want to know how much time it would take because , if everything had been perfect ,that is why I wasgranted VISA . Dont know what happened now , I am bit worried because until their decision came , I cant work or study here .

Looking for your esteemed help at the earliest .

Tons of thanks in advance to " Canadavisa ".
Mail me @ apsg91@gmail.com
Why was your COPR and passport seized?

apsg91

May 30, 2018
WPG
Why was your COPR and passport seized?

Acc to Officials at CBSA , they said CIC HAS NOT RECEIVED DOCUMENTS FROM Canada Immigration Office , New Delhi , India.

Until CIC receives dox from them , they cant update my file

And Until CIC UPDATES MY FILE/ DOXx

CBSA officials cant land me as PR .

For this , Certified cooy of my passport duly stamped with date of arrival before expiry of visa + Travel document o/a of CoPR has been issued to me .
And told me to wait until everything is done.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Acc to Officials at CBSA , they said CIC HAS NIT RECEIVED DOCUMENTS FROM DELHI IMMI OFFICE CANADA,

Until Cic receive dox from them , they cant update my file

And Until CIC UPDATES MY FILE/ DOXx

CBSA officials cant land me as PR .

For this , Certified cooy of my passport duly stamped with date of arrival before expiry of visa + Travel document o/a of CoPR has been issued to me .
And told me to wait until everything is done.
Hmm that is strange. What sort of documents do New Delhi Immigration Office have to send to IRCC before they can let you land. Usually most outland applicants have no problem landing once they arrive in Canada.

Did they tell what documents are they waiting for? What category did your apply for PR under as?

apsg91

May 30, 2018
WPG
Hmm that is strange. What sort of documents do New Delhi Immigration Office have to send to IRCC before they can let you land. Usually most outland applicants have no problem landing once they arrive in Canada.

Did they tell what documents are they waiting for? What category did your apply for PR under as?

1. Kind of Documents - I requested CBSA officials regarding same , but they showed their inability by saying - they dont know.

I also requested - But visa is granted , after everything is done .

2. Pr category - Skilled workers visa
( Govt Bank in India)

I am also strange , if everything was not in order , visa should have not been granted until they really need more documents from my end.

As far as My knowledge goes ,
Delhi immi office was asking for Govt Service Detail form to be filled and sent back to them .

They sent me mail twice , but i never found any attachment pertaining to that .

I reauested them that I have not received form attahced in the Mail .

Then they sent me , Military Service Details form , but my occupation was approved in FINANCIAL SERVICES

So its obvious i cant fill that form and sent back to them , otherwise , this would have been false info from my end ,that could have resulted in Refusal of application .

I am just wondering how they could sent me wrong from twice & no form in very first mail .

THEY NEVER SEND ME GOVT SERVICE DETAIL FORM PERFAINUNG TO MY SKILL/OCCUPATION.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
1. Kind of Documents - I requested CBSA officials regarding same , but they showed their inability by saying - they dont know.

I also requested - But visa is granted , after everything is done .

2. Pr category - Skilled workers visa
( Govt Bank in India)

I am also strange , if everything was not in order , visa should have not been granted until they really need more documents from my end.

As far as My knowledge goes ,
Delhi immi office was asking for Govt Service Detail form to be filled and sent back to them .

They sent me mail twice , but i never found any attachment pertaining to that .

I reauested them that I have not received form attahced in the Mail .

Then they sent me , Military Service Details form , but my occupation was approved in FINANCIAL SERVICES

So its obvious i cant fill that form and sent back to them , otherwise , this would have been false info from my end ,that could have resulted in Refusal of application .

I am just wondering how they could sent me wrong from twice & no form in very first mail .

THEY NEVER SEND ME GOVT SERVICE DETAIL FORM PERFAINUNG TO MY SKILL/OCCUPATION.

Well i guess there is nothing you can do except wait. If you stated all information in your application is genuine and provided evidence to support them then i don't see any issues with your PR.

apsg91

May 30, 2018
WPG
I just think / if everything was in Order They granted visa,

If any error is there , the possibility is , the person granting visa may not have updated the records .

Because after multiple mails of sending wrong forms. One of official from Delhi office called me - What you work , where u live , since then working , etc.

Also , she said - If they grant me visa , is if possible for me to move canada before 3rd july . I said - Yea.

She sent me mail requesting PASSPORT .

And finally, I cam there & all that was processed .

apsg91

May 30, 2018
WPG
Sounds more like a seizure over security concern. Most of the times the passport seizure is for refugee claimant but yours is not a refugee claim.
The military form request sounds like they are interested to know about your govt. service history. The red flags could be anything from your travel history to the federal government Dept you worked for.
Are you asked to report somewhere regularly until they give you a specific reason and return your passport?

Well .
**** I understand they intend to know about my govt job history . But since i was in financial services under govt . It means i cant fill military service form . Because it could be false information from my end.

****What are Red Flags ?

**** I was given travel document cum letter to report at Winnipeg Airport , but the officials at the WPG airport told me that neither they have received my passport from Toronto Airport Officials nor my some documents have been received by CIC from Canada Immi Office Delhi .

Now I am in dilemma wheather i should contct Delhi Office or not ???

Just praying to the almight for everything to be fine . ( fingers crossed)

apsg91

May 30, 2018
WPG
I
Sorry, I am no expert but just analyzing the events it sounded like that to me. The reason for passport seizure is to restrict a person to a territorial boundary which could be for any number of reasons.
Does your job need high security clearance?
I really hope you receive your passport soon.
M a banker under republic govt .so I m public servant.

ayhab1982

Jan 31, 2019
Hi guys
I applied for Canadian PR visa in 2010 and got COPR and stamp on passport in 2014 , unfortunately I didn't land in Canada and I lost my PR .
I am applying again after getting married this time , my question is whether my old expired PR visa can jeopardize my new PR application ? My. CRS score is good and I have good chances for a new PR I think ??? Pls help me

ayhab1982

Jan 31, 2019
Hi guys
I applied for Canadian PR visa in 2010 and got COPR and stamp on passport in 2014 , unfortunately I didn't land in Canada and I lost my PR .
I am applying again after getting married this time , my question is whether my old expired PR visa can jeopardize my new PR application ? My. CRS score is good and I have goodchances for a new PR I think ??? Pls help me

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi guys
I am applying again after getting married this time , my question is whether my old expired PR visa can jeopardize my new PR application ? My. CRS score is good and I have goodchances for a new PR I think ??? Pls help me
Any previous status as a PR whether landed or not should have no impact on qualifying with a new application just ensure you declare the fact where there is any question to answer whether have applied before and have details/reference of previous application to hand.