+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR Approved in Nov 2020 - VISA Valid till May 31, 2021

Feb 17, 2021
Hi All,

I got my CoPR Approved in Novemeber 2020, and got my VISA stamped on the Passport, which is valid till May 31, 2021. I plan to arrive in Canada during April 2021, to move permamnently (not a soft landing). I am coming outside of US. I also have a brother who is Canadian National (categorized as extended family as per ircc website).
So what are my options in the current scenario? I have been reading all the official websites but it becomes a bit confusing. Would love to get your thoughts on it.

Ahmed zubair

Feb 14, 2021
Hi All,

I got my CoPR Approved in Novemeber 2020, and got my VISA stamped on the Passport, which is valid till May 31, 2021. I plan to arrive in Canada during April 2021, to move permamnently (not a soft landing). I am coming outside of US. I also have a brother who is Canadian National (categorized as extended family as per ircc website).
So what are my options in the current scenario? I have been reading all the official websites but it becomes a bit confusing. Would love to get your thoughts on it.
Hi am on same boat what happened with u? U did travel on ur visa or not yet? Witout pr card

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
Hi All,

How did you get your VISA stamped?
I recieved my COPR in Feb,2021. And the information I have right now is I cannot travel to Canada at the moment and they're only allowing candidates who received COPR on or before March 18, 2020. So I'm confused on what to do now?

Feb 17, 2021
How did you get your VISA stamped?
I recieved my COPR in Feb,2021. And the information I have right now is I cannot travel to Canada at the moment and they're only allowing candidates who received COPR on or before March 18, 2020. So I'm confused on what to do now?
By stamped here I mean, I have travel visa on my passport. The process was thus:

Got ITA in Feb 2020
Submitted completed application in Mar 2020 (23rd)
Got biometric verificationdone in Aug 2020 (as everything was under lockdown)
Got an email to send some identification form in October 2020 and sent the in the same month
Got an invitation to send passport for "stamping" of visa in Nov 2020, got the passport back in 10 days with a VISA on it, and the letter with Approved COPR and a letter saying you may not be able to travel to Canada right now and follow ircc website.

Reactions: chjithu955

chjithu955

Feb 23, 2021
By stamped here I mean, I have travel visa on my passport. The process was thus:

Got ITA in Feb 2020
Submitted completed application in Mar 2020 (23rd)
Got biometric verificationdone in Aug 2020 (as everything was under lockdown)
Got an email to send some identification form in October 2020 and sent the in the same month
Got an invitation to send passport for "stamping" of visa in Nov 2020, got the passport back in 10 days with a VISA on it, and the letter with Approved COPR and a letter saying you may not be able to travel to Canada right now and follow ircc website.
Got it.