+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CoPR and Non-Resident Speculation Tax

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
NRST is very confusing. It doesn't specify whether it is applicable to work permit holders who are resident in Ontario.

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
CRA is a federal agent. You should be contacting the Ontario government. NRST is a provincial matter.
I started with the provincial government authorities and they directed me to CRA. But I too believe CRA cant help much as its a provincial tax. I have even dropped them an email but got an automated response saying that it could take 12 weeks.!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I started with the provincial government authorities and they directed me to CRA. But I too believe CRA cant help much as its a provincial tax. I have even dropped them an email but got an automated response saying that it could take 12 weeks.!
They probably prioritize covid issues over other issues.

chiujiewei95

Jun 22, 2020
I am holding my CoPR and planning to buy a condo in Toronto before I land. I wonder if CoPR holder is considered as foreign national and have to pay for NRST. Please help. Thank you.
Hey,hoping to get a reply from you, Im in the same boat, I got my COPR but still waiting for my PR card and I'm looking to get a condo property, want to know if I will be subjected to the NRST 15%? Did you find out if we can buy with COPR without paying NRST?
Thanks