+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Copie Conforme Certifie

Nov 30, 2010
I have applied for CSQ and they replied that they intend to reject my application unless I provide a "Copie Confirme Certifie" of my Diploma.

The University I graduated from is actually a Canadian University(but not in Quebec). I was previously studying in Canada, I returned to my home country for work and applied for CSQ from my home country.

I have spoken and emailed the Registrar's Office of that University many times, they firmly maintain that they do not Certify Copies of Diplomas. They say that they can only provide "Certificate of Enrolment"(that confirms that I graduated) and "Official Transcript".

I have no way to Certify my Diploma by the Registrar's Office of that Canadian University, I cannot go back to Canada just to do that either.

What am I supposed to do now?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jacob Hercules said:
I have applied for CSQ and they replied that they intend to reject my application unless I provide a "Copie Confirme Certifie" of my Diploma.

The University I graduated from is actually a Canadian University(but not in Quebec). I was previously studying in Canada, I returned to my home country for work and applied for CSQ from my home country.

I have spoken and emailed the Registrar's Office of that University many times, they firmly maintain that they do not Certify Copies of Diplomas. They say that they can only provide "Certificate of Enrolment"(that confirms that I graduated) and "Official Transcript".

I have no way to Certify my Diploma by the Registrar's Office of that Canadian University, I cannot go back to Canada just to do that either.

What am I supposed to do now?
Why cannot you get it certified by an authority in your country? Is it mandatory that it has to be certified by the Canadian University from where you got the degree?

Nov 30, 2010
jairichi said:
Why cannot you get it certified by an authority in your country? Is it mandatory that it has to be certified by the Canadian University from where you got the degree?
They are asking that it be certified by either:
1. The Canadian University itself.
2. A Legal Authority in Canada.

I quote "doit obligatoirement etre certifiee conforme a l'original soit par l'emetteur du document soit par une autorite reconnue du pays ou territoire qui a delivre le document"

Translation "must be certified conform to the original either by issuer of document or by an authority recognized by the country in which said document has been issued."

So I cannot go to a Legal authority "here" back home. I need to find someone capable of certifying this in Canada, without being able to go to Canada. Am I screwed?

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Check the specific instructions for Quebec/Canada
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/formulaires/formulaire-titre/liste-autorites.html#quebeccanada

They mention alternatives: sealed envelope from the university, having them certified in your country (but check first in that same table which are the recognized authorities for your current country of residence.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jacob Hercules said:
They are asking that it be certified by either:
1. The Canadian University itself.
2. A Legal Authority in Canada.

I quote "doit obligatoirement etre certifiee conforme a l'original soit par l'emetteur du document soit par une autorite reconnue du pays ou territoire qui a delivre le document"

Translation "must be certified conform to the original either by issuer of document or by an authority recognized by the country in which said document has been issued."

So I cannot go to a Legal authority "here" back home. I need to find someone capable of certifying this in Canada, without being able to go to Canada. Am I screwed?
You need to check whether Canadian embassy in your home country will do it.

MidoRafa

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
jairichi said:
You need to check whether Canadian embassy in your home country will do it.
No. This is irrelevant and won't help the documents get accepted. The proper instructions are in the table linked in my previous answer.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MidoRafa said:
No. This is irrelevant and won't help the documents get accepted. The proper instructions are in the table linked in my previous answer.
It is always an option and worth giving a try if the options u gave did not work out.

umutx

Jan 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Important

Since that the diplomas issued by Canadian provinces and territories are comparable to corresponding Québec diplomas, the Ministère stopped evaluating these documents as of July 1, 2015.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/working-quebec/comparative-evaluation/submitting-request/educational-documents.html

Does this apply to you?