+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cooking from home

Saretha

Oct 28, 2019
My husband is a Chef back home and is Soon coming to Canada through spousal sponsorship. Once he gets his PR, what are the procedures to starting a business from home. Cooking and selling from home?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
To be completely legal? You first need to see if you can operate a business out of a residential address, as some city/property bylaws or zoning codes may prohibit it. Then, you would have to incorporate a business with the provincial registry of companies and obtain a foodservice licence. You would also presumably need to find an accountant to help you with banking and taxes.

Or, you can offer your services unofficially on Facebook.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Depending on where you live check with health unit/health inspection about requirements for cooking and selling from home. My friends, who bake and cook, had to put in commercial approved kitchen to be able to sell their goods. Many don’t but if reported you will be in a lot of trouble.

Reactions: scylla

Saretha

Oct 28, 2019
To be completely legal? You first need to see if you can operate a business out of a residential address, as some city/property bylaws or zoning codes may prohibit it. Then, you would have to incorporate a business with the provincial registry of companies and obtain a foodservice licence. You would also presumably need to find an accountant to help you with banking and taxes.

Or, you can offer your services unofficially on Facebook.
Thank you

Saretha

Oct 28, 2019
Depending on where you live check with health unit/health inspection about requirements for cooking and selling from home. My friends, who bake and cook, had to put in commercial approved kitchen to be able to sell their goods. Many don’t but if reported you will be in a lot of trouble.
Thank you