+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Conversion of open work permit to a close work permit.

Danish kumari

Jun 6, 2019
Hii, this is crucial. I am thinking to apply for closed work permit in order to secure my PR. I have only one and half year left of my open work permit and doesn’t have any work experience by now. Moreover, I have a bachelor’s degree from India and have completed a two year course from Canada.
On the other hand, I am married and my husband has been banned by Canada. His ban will be over in the start of 2021.
My question are.
1) Should I opt for closed work permit(Lmia)?
Or should I find some NOC B job and then apply for Lmia?
2) Is there any chances which will effect if I apply for a Closed work permit because of my Husband’s ban.

Please suggest me any way out.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Why do you need a LMIA and closed permit? What is your CRS score if you get one year of Canadian work experience. Do you have a job offer and employer. Your husband’s ban has no effect on your permits.

AkshayArora

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hii, this is crucial. I am thinking to apply for closed work permit in order to secure my PR. I have only one and half year left of my open work permit and doesn’t have any work experience by now. Moreover, I have a bachelor’s degree from India and have completed a two year course from Canada.
On the other hand, I am married and my husband has been banned by Canada. His ban will be over in the start of 2021.
My question are.
1) Should I opt for closed work permit(Lmia)?
Or should I find some NOC B job and then apply for Lmia?
2) Is there any chances which will effect if I apply for a Closed work permit because of my Husband’s ban.

Please suggest me any way out.
How would you apply for an LMIA? It is something an employer applies for, who wants to hire someone without a work permit, not an individual.
Also, a Bachelor's degree and a year of Canadian experience should be more than enough to secure you enough points.